In the Mythos
A body shaped like a broad-based, truncated cone. A flat, blunt, wedge-shaped, vaguely reptilian head surmounts this conical torso, and the head is almost entirely hidden behind swirling tresses. This hair, or beard and mane, consists of thickly carved and coiling ropes, like serpents or worms... Through this repulsive Medusa-mane of ropy tendrils, two fierce, serpent-like eyes glare in a horrible intermingling of cold, inhuman mockery and what I can only describe as gloating menace.
— Lin Carter, “Zoth-Ommog (fiction)”
Zoth-Ommog appears in "Dweller in the Deeps" as a gigantic entity with a cone-shaped body, a reptilian head, and starfish-like arms, and is said to be imprisoned by the Elder Gods beneath the seabed near Ponape, in the corpse-city of R'lyeh.
Heresies and Controversies
Claimed in Lin Carter's Xothic Cycle to be the son of Cthulhu and Idh-yaa, brother of Ythogtha, Cthylla, and Ghatanothoa, and like his older brother Ythogtha, Zoth-Ommog is served by Father Ubb and the Yuggs.
Description of Cult:
Associated Mythos Elements
- race: Deep Ones
- race: Ubb and the Yuggs
- race: Star-Spawn of Cthulhu
- tome: The Ponape Scripture
- location: Abyss of Yhe, near Ponape and R'lyeh
- planets: Xoth, home planet, which is clustered with Abbith, Ymar, and Zaoth
- deities: Claimed in Lin Carter's Xothic Cycle to be the son of Cthulhu, brother of Ythogtha, Cthylla, Ghatanothoa