Triangle (2009 film)
"Fear comes in waves." Yacht passengers encounter mysterious weather conditions that force them to jump onto another ship, only to have the odd havoc increase.
- Release Date: 2009
- Country/Language: UK/Australia, English
- Genres/Technical: Mystery, Drama, Thriller, Science Fiction, Horror
- Runtime: 1 hr 39 min
- Starring: Melissa George, Joshua McIvor, Jack Taylor
- Director: Christopher Smith
- Writer: Christopher Smith
- Producer/Production Co: Icon Entertainment International, Framestore, UK Film Council
- View Trailer: (link)
- TVTropes: (link)
- IMDB Page: (link)
- Rated: R (Violence, Profanity)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- S____ (One Tentacle: Debateably Lovecraftian; has almost no direct connection to Lovecraft's work)
Not exactly a "Lovecraftian" film in the sense of being based on any of Lovecraft's work or containing references to his creations, though some viewers may find the location and atmosphere suggestive of Lovecraft's work (an "Eldritch Location" film).
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- Richard Scheib at the Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy Film Review (4/5 Stars) (link) - "Triangle was one of those films that did not seem terribly promising at first glance – one thought it was yet another rehash of the nonsensical myth of the Bermuda Triangle – but proved to be a case of one taking a punt on a title at random and being immensely rewarded as a result. ...Triangle creates a complex chain of events that ingeniously map in and out of everything else that happens. ... Christopher Smith’s interweaving of events between one strand of the timeline and the next is positively ingenious.
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
This film's time-travel plot revolves around the passengers of a yachting trip in the Atlantic Ocean who, when struck by mysterious weather conditions, jump to another ship only to experience greater havoc on the open seas.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO
- location: Bermuda Triangle