The Surrey Enigma (Scenario)
Author(s): Marcus L. Rowland
Artist(s): Brian Williams
Appears in: White Dwarf, Issue 69
While chasing down a witchcraft story for a tabloid newspaper the Investigators spot three strangely dressed men in an expensive car, what are they up to?
Link to outside reviews or helpful pages.
- The Surrey Enigma, Part One - Live play recording from the Grizzly Peaks Radio Podcast
- The Surrey Enigma, Part Two - Live play recording from the Grizzly Peaks Radio Podcast
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
The three men are Orthodox Jewish foes of the Mythos. They are following up information uncovered by one of the group that leads them to believe that there is a site of importance to the Mythos in the village of Wood Common. The site is a buried complex devoted to Y'golonac and it contains a Mythos artifact of subtle and dangerous power.
Player Handouts: None provided.
Locations: Wood Common (Village), Old Mill
Tomes and Artifacts: Enchanted Amulet, Bronze Swords
Campaigns / Scenarios: N/A
- The scenario opener implies that the player characters are acting as freelance journalists, an obvious choice for employer would be Micky Mahoney of The Scoop from Masks or Edward Layton of Bizarre magazine from The Loch Carrig Monster.
- The scenario finishes with a note on the difference between British currency in the 1920s verses the 1980s and provides a rough and ready rule for converting CoC rulebook prices from US to British. A more detailed article on this followed in issue 70.
- The scenario gives the option of having the Investigators meet some overly inquisitive children...
- The actual hook for this scenario is a weak one, Keepers may have to come up with another way to bring the Investigators to Wood Common.
Keep general DISCUSSION on the talk page.