The Good, the Bad and the Utterly Insane
Artist(s): Artists listed with credits for magazine issue.
Appears in: Worlds of Cthulhu, Issue 02.
Sub-titled "Call of Cthulhu in the Wild West", this article provides details on running Call of Cthulhu adventures in a cinematic "Wild West" setting.
The article includes some advice on which supplements for the "Deadlands" RPG are best suited to conversion to CoC-style of play.
The following rules are presented for running Wild West Cthulhu games:
- A selection of new skills
- Combat rules covering quick draw, fanning, shooting from horseback, shooting two guns, and black powder weapons
- Rules for running firefights in a more cinematic Wild-West style
- Statistics for a selection of period firearms and melee weapons
- The concept of character "Backgrounds" are introduced as a form of skill and statistic modifier packages. Seven backgrounds are presented.
- A wide variety of Western occupations are offered, 40 in all
- New insanity rules are presented in a section titled "Goin' Plum Loco"
- A two-page character sheet is included