The Dead Room (2015 film)
"There is an intruder. It is you." Two scientists and a young psychic encounter a demonic spirit at a haunted New Zealand farmhouse.
- Release Date: 2015
- Country/Language: New Zealand, English
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Thriller
- Runtime: 1 hr 20 min
- Starring: Jed Brophy, Jeffrey Thomas, Laura Petersen
- Director: Jason Stutter
- Writer: Kevin Stevens, Jason Stutter
- Producer/Production Co: Centron Pictures
- View Trailer: (link)
- Rated: (not rated) (equivalent of a PG-13 for Violence, Profanity)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- S____ (One Tentacle: Debateably Lovecraftian; has almost no direct connection to Lovecraft's work)
Mostly just a standard-issue Gothic horror story about a secret locked in the basement of an abandoned, isolated New Zealand farm house. Most useful as a source of material for the very similar Call of Cthulhu RPG scenario, "(The Haunting)".
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
When a terrified family flees a desolate southern New Zealand farmhouse, two cynical scientists and a young psychic are sent to investigate their claims of a haunting. There they encounter a powerful spirit that will protect the house's secrets at all costs.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO
- scenario: "The Haunting"
- This film's plot follows the scenario "The Haunting" extremely closely.