Terrified (2017 film)
Aterrados (2017), AKA Terrified (2018)
"They are in your home, and they are watching...." When strange events occur in a neighborhood in Buenos Aires, a doctor specializing in the paranormal, her colleague, and an ex police officer decide to investigate further.
- Release Date: 2017
- Country/Language: Argentina, Spanish
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Science Fiction
- Setting: Modern Argentina
- Runtime: 1 hr 27 min
- Starring: Ariel Chavarría, Maximiliano Ghione, Norberto Gonzalo
- Director: Demián Rugna
- Writer: Demián Rugna (screenplay)
- Producer/Production Co: Instituto Nacional de Cine y Artes Audiovisuales (INCAA),Machaco Films
- View Trailer: (link)
- IMDB Page: (link)
- Rated: not rated (equivalent to R for Violence, Adult Content, Profanity)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- SS___ (Two Tentacles: Barely Lovecraftian; vaguely similar in tone, could be a very loose adaptation)
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
Strange things begin happening around the neighborhood shortly after a child is accidentally killed, resulting in an ever-widening reign of terror by an invasion of "deadite" type creatures which can only be seen from certain perspectives.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- A "Delta Green" style team of experts is called in to investigate a seemingly ordinary suburb where things have strangely gone terribly wrong, with terrifying "Deadite" creatures emerging from under beds, inside closets, and out of the shadows to torment the living when night falls....