Grimrock Isle (Supplement)
Publisher: Triad Entertainments
Product Code: 0002
Publishing Year: 1992
Pages: 156, spread over multiple components (48 + 32 + 28 + 8 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10)
Cover Price: $##.##
Format(s): Softcover gate-fold wallet containing multiple stapled booklets
Grimrock Isle is a large solo adventure, dealing with mysterious events in the coastal town of Dove's Bay. It was sold as a folder containing seven booklets and a variety
of handouts. Six of the booklets contain solitaire-play entries for different locations, while the seventh offers notes for adapting the material to group play. Included in the package are:
- Dove's Bay booklet containing the solo scenario entries for one area,
- Bleakmoore Cemetery booklet containing the solo scenario entries for one area,
- Thompson's Bridge booklet containing the solo scenario entries for one area,
- Palmer's Orchard booklet containing the solo scenario entries for one area,
- McKiernan's Lighthouse booklet containing the solo scenario entries for one area,
- Hutchin's Cave booklet containing the solo scenario entries for one area,
- The Book of Terrible Knowledge is a sourcebook for running regular (non-solo) Call of Cthulhu adventures in the Grimrock Isle area -- one of the scenarios is a non-solo version of the material presented in the earlier booklets; three other scenarios are original and unrelated scenario tales set in the same locality
- Handouts, mostly loose sheets of paper
- Grimrock Isle Timetable a sheet of paper for keeping track of time usage
Front Cover Text
'A Chilling Solo Adventure and Campaign Book in One'.
Licensed by Chaosium, Inc.
Back Cover Text
TRIAD ENTERTAINMENTS INVITES YOU TO SPEND THE NIGHT
Journey to the sleepy seacoast town of Dove's Bay, Maine, and investigate what is rumoured to be a "haunted" house - and confront once more the dread Cthulhu Mythos and those twisted souls who serve it.
Grimrock Isle is 3 products in one:
- A Solo Adventure consisting of a main solo and 5 subsolos, adding up to nearly 1,000 entries!
- A Group Scenario Book, with all the information needed to adapt the solo for group play, with provisions which allow you to use the subsolos if the party separates!
- A Campaign Book, with Grimrock Isle and three additional scenarios by Scott D. Aniolowski. The package provides you with an extended campaign in Dove's Bay, complete with hints on how to work all four scenarios into play. Includes over 30 handouts!
Do you dare to learn the truth lurking just beneath the surface? Do you have the courage to face the evil and withstand it? Are you clever enough to survive? The answers to these and many other questions await you on GRIMROCK ISLE.
FOR CALL OF CTHULHU
Licensed by CHAOSIUM, INC.
Comments / Trivia
This product is the largest Call of Cthulhu solo scenario published.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.