Cthulhu Invictus Companion
Product Code: 23119
Publishing Year: 2011
Cover Price: $12.95
Setting(s): Ancient Rome
The Mythos Threatens Ancient Rome
As Rome’s influence spread throughout the known world, so too spread the worship of its gods. Roman leaders knew that converting the people of conquered regions to the state religion would make them easier to control. But some gods have been worshipped longer than Rome has existed, and their supplicants won’t easily change allegiances.
Cultorum Externum includes three scenarios for Call of Cthulhu pitting investigators against cults from different regions of the Ancient Roman Empire. Investigators will confront terrible servants of ancient powers through the Streets of Rome and Carthage, the forests of Gaul, and while sailing the river Nile. Includes new cults and Cthulhu Invictus entities.
- Six new cults and secret societies: two for Gaul, two for Egypt, two for Africa Proconsularis.
- Three scenarios:
- Chuma Invicutus: A routine trading mission from Alexandria to Meroe goes horribly wrong and the investigators are drawn into the Nile trip from hell. This scenario originally appeared in the Cthulhu Invictus monograph and reappears here heavily modified.
- Morituri Te Salutamus: A day at the games turns into a quest to find who is kidnapping the slaves from Patrician villas. This scenario originally appeared in the Cthulhu Invictus monograph and appears relatively unchanged. Some errors have been fixed.
- Bacchanalia: This scenario takes the investigators to Carthage where some of its citizens are chaffing under Roman rule and yearn to be free. By any means necessary. This scenario didn't appear in the Cthulhu Invictus monograph.
Front Cover Text
A Sourcebook for Ancient Rome
Back Cover Text
Cthulhu Invictus Companion
AS ROME’S INFLUENCE SPREADS across the known world, so too spreads the worship of its gods. Roman leaders know that converting the people of conquered regions to the state religion makes them easier to control. But some gods have been worshipped longer than Rome has existed, and their supplicants won’t easily change allegiances.
The Cthulhu Invictus Companion is a collection of three scenarios for Call of Cthulhu, pitting investigators against cults from different regions of the ancient Roman Empire.
- Those with the will to survive being dragged through time and space can learn to harness imponderable power to their own needs — provided they offer the appropriate sacrifice to The Opener of Ways.
- The Akeru have long lived in seclusion at the base of Mount Serbal, protecting the world from a horror that would destroy humanity if ever released.
- Initiates who wish to join the Teutates must first survive a grueling journey to the Severn Valley — and then undergo a ritual that leaves them undead.
<also includes an advertisement for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu roleplaying and fiction lines>
Comments / Trivia
List dedication, color plates, rarity of the book, etc.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.