Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sglancy12

Pagan Publishing Announces Delta Green Lottery

sglancy12

Agents,

A Cell has finally come to a decision how we will distribute the 22 copies of Delta Green d20 we have available in advance of the print run arriving by sea later this month.

We are going to run a lottery. A firing-squad lottery.

Send in your name and address and a short statement that you don’t own a copy yet and that you have a group of players or intend to write a review of the book. We’re on the “horror system†here at Pagan Publishing so I’ll just have to trust that you are not looking to acquire a copy so you can flog it on eBay.

I’m going to take your names, print them out on “Hi My Name is†name tags, glue the name tag to a target silhouette, take the silhouette out to the gun range and shoot the hell out of it with my AK-47. If your name-tag is hit by a bullet, you get to buy one of the copies. For $40.00 + shipping you will get a signed copy of DG d20, your bullet-riddled name-tag, and a spent 7.62 x mm shell casing.

I’ll be conducting the firing squad on Saturday, so no applications after Friday at midnight. 'Winners' will be contacted on Sunday for their credit card information and the books will be shipped out on Monday.

Please send your application to sglancy12@aol.com or paganbiz@aol.com

Good luck, Agents

A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp

Badger

Please o please o please could you film this and put it up on Youtube or something? :D

-=badger, who has an original copy of DG and will reluctantly not be participating in this awesome lottery.

Nemo235

Any body win a copy?

I forgot to list my email address, hope that doesn't disqualify me.

red_bus

It all sounded a bit weird - I didn't bother.

sglancy12

Just to let everyone know...

The lottery was carried out Saturday night at about 8:30 pm PST.

The following agents were selected-

Kurt J. Aldinger

Chad J. Bowser

William A. Collins, Jr.

Joseph Connell

Tom Coster

R. Michael Dukes

Kevin Empey

Dirk R. Festerling

Alan Friesens

Travis Gibson

S. J. Hacker

Andrew Haines

Philip Johnson

Arseny Kuzetsov

Mattias Ostklint

Matthew Pook

Eric J. Pullen

Aaron Sheffield

Chris Slazinski

Mike Thorn

Andrew Turner

Josh Wanisko

I'd like to thank all the folks who sent me an application. As for those who didn't participate because they thought it was "a bit weird," let me just say; Oh come on! Too weird for Yog-Sothoth.com?

It's not like we were going to fly all the applicants to Seattle and let them loose in a field so I could shoot at them with my AK-47 and the first 22 to get tagged get a book.

Come to think of it... that would have been pretty cool. Oh well, maybe next time.

A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp, dba Pagan Publishing

Pope_jonnyX
It's not like we were going to fly all the applicants to Seattle and let them loose in a field so I could shoot at them with my AK-47 and the first 22 to get tagged get a book.

Come to think of it... that would have been pretty cool. Oh well, maybe next time.

Should this be the selection process for, say, advance copies of the Eyes Only compilation, the next issue of TUO, etc., could I send you a few people to act as my stand-ins? You can shoot at them all you want as long as I get the loot. I figure that allowing multiple entries from one individual (and only one individual, like the first person to come up with the idea) gives you more targets to play with and increases my odds of winning something, so it seems like a good deal for both of us.

BTW, why the first 22 to get winged? I'd think that the books would be awarded to the last men (and women) standing.

CAThompson
I'd like to thank all the folks who sent me an application. As for those who didn't participate because they thought it was "a bit weird," let me just say; Oh come on! Too weird for Yog-Sothoth.com?

Well, I think it was more the don't enter if you have a copy part for most of us.

sglancy12

BTW, why the first 22 to get winged? I'd think that the books would be awarded to the last men (and women) standing.

Because if you want a crack getting at an early release of a Pagan Publishing product you are going to show me you want it enough to take a bullet for it.

Sheesh! Like I'm going to sell books to people who really don't want them?

Pope_jonnyX

Because if you want a crack getting at an early release of a Pagan Publishing product you are going to show me you want it enough to take a bullet for it.

Sheesh! Like I'm going to sell books to people who really don't want them?

...you do at least allow those who don't survive to be buried with their books, right? And you'll tell those of us who wish to pay our respects to the fallen Agents precisely where the bodies are buried? Don't mind my shovel, I never leave home without it.

David_Conyers

I'll review the 3 combined Delta Green Eyes Only Book when it is released on this website if you are willing to send me a copy?

If you can send me an advanced copy, I'll time the review for its release?

red_bus
...thought it was "a bit weird," let me just say; Oh come on! Too weird for Yog-Sothoth.com?

Actually fair'nuff - you do have a point there :lol:

Danharms

...which, given the "human shield" incident, begs the question of where my copy is. ;-)

PoC

- and some pictures of the event in question! (Courtesy of ASG)

asg-d20-dg-competition-1.jpg

asg-d20-dg-competition-2.jpg

Paul

Mikeythorn

I would just like to thank Scott for sticking my name on a nametag, attaching it to a piece of cardboard and then blowing the hell out of it with an AK-47.

XombieMaster

Hey, this is making me want to watch Big Lebowski! :lol:

OVER THE LINE! MARK IT ZERO!|

DarkDesigns

Never knew I'd be so happy to be shot.... ;)

JoeViturbo
- and some pictures of the event in question! (Courtesy of ASG)

asg-d20-dg-competition-2.jpg

Paul

I don't get it. That guy doesn't look anything like The Dude.

grodog

He looks close to my recollection of ASG from BITD, though perhaps that's just a well-rendered wax mask? :twisted:

XombieMaster

Your entering a world of pain. Mark it zero.

sglancy12
...which, given the "human shield" incident, begs the question of where my copy is. ;-)

You know what Dan? Considering all the milage I've gotten out of telling the story of how I used the author of the Encyclopedia Cthulhiana to stop a bullet meant for me, I guess you damn-well deserve a copy.

Send me your mailing address and I'll pop one in the mail to you when the main shipment gets in.

cynick

Walter%20Sobchak.jpg

Sernus

(image previously was here; apparently use of bandwidth by direct linking to it annoyed the hosting website owner)

Please allow me to facilitate the comparison under question, for those who may still be somewhat confused:

not-asg-walter-sobchak-big-lebowski.jpg

Evilgaz

Please allow me to facilitate the comparison under question, for those who may still be somewhat confused:

I think the confusion is due to you posting about Jon Goodman's character "Walter Sobchak" - The Dude was played by Jeff Bridges...

Back to the topic though, I was mildly disappointed to find that the AK47 wasn't fired from the hip, spraying wildly, but it was still a cool idea. Kudos to Pagan.

Gaz

JoeViturbo

oh, I get it now: you are saying he looks more like the dude than Jeff Bridges...yeah, I can see that

Nemo235

Okay, sour grapes, but why didn't they hold this contest for the ones who have already ordered the book?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.