Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AcesandEights

[Help] Where can I find a CoC Specific SRD?

AcesandEights

Heh, Subject line is pretty self explanantory...

Anyone know where I can come accross a D20 Call of Cthulhu SRD?

Checked the main page for D20 on WotC page and, predictably, did not find anything.

Anyh help in this respect is much appreciated.

Starglim

d20 Call of Cthulhu hasn't been released as an Open Game, so there's no SRD. I've argued that it should be, and soon, but currently you'll have to buy the book.

rylehNC

You should be able to cobble together convincing substitutes for much of d20 CoC. Lets face it, CoC "classes" are anything but, and can be improved upon if you like that sort of thing Spells & creatures resembling their CoC counterparts can be written up easily. What will really be missed are Mythos tomes the SAN rules - of which the latter can be "replaced" with OGL Horror mechanics.

Starglim

I suspect if there was a d20 CoC SRD, many Mythos tomes and creatures wouldn't be in it, only the basics. Chaosium still needs to sell products and may have copyright issues. But that's all speculation.

AcesandEights

Thanks Starglim and RylehNC. You confirmed what I had already suspected.

No big deal, I promised someone an answer on the question and just wanted to be certain. I already have the book and so does the person in question, I guess he didn't want to be bothered with copying the info in a handout format for his new players.

Atleast I now have the comfort of knowing I pursued the line of questioning on his behalf.

Thank again!

DnDChick

Although D20 Cthulhu has no SRD, d20 Modern does.

Since d20 is d20, you can get your majority of skill, feat, combat, and general rules as well as monster-making rules from the d20 SRD. AAMOF, the monster making rules in the d20 Modern SRD are more complete and better explained than those in the Cthulhu d20 book.

The d20 rules for Sanity are pretty much lifted directly from the Cthulhu BRP, so you can use them as is.

The biggest obstacle, as pointed out before, is that you don't have access to Mythos monsters or the un-classes of Cthulhu d20.

The d20 SRD:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd

frankthedm

kazaa++ / kazaalite maybe? :wink:

NestroEmichae

CoC d20 and d20 Modern have enough (re: massive) differences that I do not consider them to be similar other than on the surface. So, I wouldn't bother with the d20 Modern stuff. They are two opposing styles of game.

trancejeremy

The unclasses of the CoC d20 are actually pretty much the Expert NPC class, tweaked a bit.