Sign in to follow this  
PoC

Horror on the Orient Express Audio Game

jabonko

That must be YR17, then. Haven't had a chance to listen, yet.

PoC

- and here's an example of some prototype Insanity Cards. Two sets of ten following the general descriptions for the short-term and longer-term Temporary Insanities.

insanity-cards-example.gif

"Pick a card, any card..."

Obviously you could expand these to much larger decks with specific insanities and nice custom art. Maybe FFG could do a set? :8E:

Paul

jabonko

How have you been attaching the copies to the cards? When I've tried this in the past using labels or stickers, I've ended up with extra-thick "chunky" feeling cards.

PoC

Simply using cheap photocopy/printer paper and a glue stick.

The cards don't seem particularly chunky. The paper's thin enough to use, but thick enough to completely obscure the original card art.

Paul

PodMonkeys

I'm always worried about warping, so I tend to stick with the much messier and more annoying Rubber Cement method. Hows the glue stick working out? Any pealing or warping issues?

PoC

None so far.

Paul

PoC

For a bit of inspiration during the game, one of the Horror on the Orient Express soundtrack posters on the wall of the gaming room.

hotoe-poster-in-frame.jpg

(50x70 cm, 19.5x27.5" frame)

Paul

PodMonkeys

Thats a really nice looking poster! I need to work on making one of those "gaming rooms" myself.

I'm looking forward to this set of game audio. Especially since I'm starting to run out of good podcasts again. :P

PoC

A few more photos.

horror-orient-express-jim-photo.jpg

Jim, playing an Italian Professor Emeritus of European Languages

horror-orient-express-fin-photo.jpg

Fin, playing a retired Military Engineer

Still more to follow and some audio processing later.

Paul

MattSheridan

Aw, cool. Is that a subtle application fo the old the old Alien Skin "plastic wrap" filter, for preternatural sliminess? You're really going all out on the cool extras, with this one.

Anyway, I just finished World's Largest Dungeon--that was a remarkably satisfying ending, there--and now I'm really dying for HotOE. I may have to become a media patron, just to manage the addiction until it's available (not to mention the terrible time between chapters!).

Oh, by the way: Nice American accent in Sandy's Iraq game, Paul!

PoC

For followers of the Masks of Nyarlathotep Audio Game, you see a dim reflection of what some believe to be part of Ms. Morrison's "Photographisation Process" - from the few scaps of information she left - the rest has yet to be found and rumoured strangely unrepeatable in the electronic medium...

Thank you for the kind comments on my accent, I don't know what happened, I have a reputation for terrible accents to uphold! As an aside while attempting the generously termed 'accent' I was envisaging Jean Reno in the modern Godzilla movie doing an Elvis impersonation in the truck. Doing a bad impersonation of a bad impersonation makes a good one? The secrets laid bare! :)

Horror on the Orient Express will be pulling into the station much sooner rather than later...

Cheers!

Paul

PoC

Horror on the Orient Express episode zero is now available to Media Patrons. Resources for the game can be found at: http://www.yog-sothoth.com/express

For the curious, the table layout for the game is as follows:

horror-orient-express-audio-game-table.gif

Paul

PoC

Some initial audio for you.

Introduction to the Orient Express

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/docs/horror-orient-express-introduction.mp3 (22.1 MB)

It's a part-reading of the introduction from Book I (Campaign Book) of the game. Hopefully it will give some extra context with regards to the Orient Express.

Hope it's of interest.

P.

swj719
For followers of the Masks of Nyarlathotep Audio Game, you see a dim reflection of what some believe to be part of Ms. Morrison's "Photographisation Process" - from the few scaps of information she left - the rest has yet to be found and rumoured strangely unrepeatable in the electronic medium...

Hey, she ended up surviving...

SHe was bug-nuts (what, like -43 SAN or something was it), but she DID survive...

And Claire's back... yay! I am also very interested in hearing Val's time on the other side of the screen. Loved "Goodnight Viena", so this should be much fun...

allicorn
Introduction to the Orient Express

Very very neat. And, y'know what - I can't imagine many Keepers not feeling the urge to immediately go work on some prep of their own after listening to this excellent intro. :-)

Alli

MattSheridan

Okay, that is it. I'm in. PayPal engaged!

The huge pile of suplimentary material already available is too awesome for me to resist. Handouts, player portraits, a surround sound seating chart, a wiki entry . . . yeah, I need to hear this as soon as possible, and it's definitely worth paying for. This should be the new standard for recorded RPGs. Now if only there were also more RPGs being recorded...

Hey, so is Helen's magician's assistant the same disfigured midget from Lindsay's short-lived game?

fantomas

I'm curious as to the name change of the dummyhead. First it was referred to as The Brazen Head then Howard for Dead Man Stomp and in Yog Radio. Now I noticed you've called it Phillips. Are you changing the name each time you improve the setup?

Apologies if this is covered off in most recent Yog Radios or the intro to HotOE. I'm still working my way though them :oops: (then to start on SoYS, and The Sheffield player's, The Haunting, and HotOE and...)

swj719
I'm curious as to the name change of the dummyhead. First it was referred to as The Brazen Head then Howard for Dead Man Stomp and in Yog Radio. Now I noticed you've called it Phillips. Are you changing the name each time you improve the setup?

Apologies if this is covered off in most recent Yog Radios or the intro to HotOE. I'm still working my way though them :oops: (then to start on SoYS, and The Sheffield player's, The Haunting, and HotOE and...)

This is The Head 2.0

It seems they are collectively called "The Brazen Head", but properly, the first was named Howard. This one is, in keeping with the naming convention, named Phillips... Give ya three guesses why... :)

fantomas

This is The Head 2.0

It seems they are collectively called "The Brazen Head", but properly, the first was named Howard. This one is, in keeping with the naming convention, named Phillips... Give ya three guesses why... :)

Thanks for the answer.

I wonder if you can get a lifesize bust of HPL... Now that would make a interesting centre piece! :wink:

Shathis

I wonder if you can get a lifesize bust of HPL... Now that would make a interesting centre piece! :wink:

How about a lifesize, completely realistic mannequin of HP Lovecraft and oooh how spooky it is... .and did its finger just move....?

Helen
Hey, so is Helen's magician's assistant the same disfigured midget from Lindsay's short-lived game?

Kinda. Same name, same job, but beautiful and uncrippled! Basically, I decided I hadn't had chance to play the character enough so I rerolled her and remade her (Bigger! Better! Beautifuler!*). I think Paul timed the game so that the horrible stage accident can happen later...

Thanks for joining up :D

*It is a word. Just like photographisation!

MattSheridan

But the real question is how she manages to become a dwarf, later on. Didn't the original Violet Davenport have an amazingly tiny size score, all the better to be hidden in magicians' cabinets and such?

Oh, poor Miss Davenport. If she somehow survives this train ride, all she has to look forward to is disfigurement and--if I remember correctly--widowdom, as well. That, and getting to see a very weird play staged by a Texan man who talks like a valley girl.

PodMonkeys

haha! The valley girl texan man was pretty funny. :lol:

swj719
haha! The valley girl texan man was pretty funny. :lol:

Just stay the hell away from that Maid... Something's not quite right about her...

Beyond00
- and here's an example of some prototype Insanity Cards. Two sets of ten following the general descriptions for the short-term and longer-term Temporary Insanities.

insanity-cards-example.gif

"Pick a card, any card..."

Obviously you could expand these to much larger decks with specific insanities and nice custom art. Maybe FFG could do a set? :8E:

Paul

I'd like the link to these.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this