Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kafka47

Worlds#5

kafka47

Now that everyone is distracted by the World Cup. Dare we ask when Worlds of Cthulhu#5 might be out. In lieu of a subscription service, would you consider something like an automatic email service letting people know when it is In Production, Shipping (which distributors will carry it, so that we can bug our FGLS)?

I have to say that Cathulu was a bit too Juvenile for my tastes, I could see how it could be useful but the other articles did not pull up the rest of issue. Thus far, my favorite has been #1 with its fast paced adventure and also background information. For I am one who is interested in how the creative process works (colloquially, known as: "war stories")

kafka47

BUMP!

Black-Seal-Editor

I missed this somehow amongst everything else.

WOC5 is due out August/September.

The mailing list *could* be a good idea. I will talk to Frank.

Now back to getting the handouts ready...

sifu

How's issue 5 going?

Black-Seal-Editor
How's issue 5 going?

Slowly. I had hoped to have finished on Sunday but there a number of technical hold-ups. I hope to have the magzine with Pegasus by the ned of the month.

David_Conyers

Can you tell us what we can expect in the next issue?

Black-Seal-Editor
Can you tell us what we can expect in the next issue?

As I said, I hope to have the files to Pegasus by end of Nov. It normally takes a month to print, plus its Christmas so I'm guessing, and this certainly isn't offical, it might appear first or second week of Jan 2007. Massively late I know but that was due to our technical difficulties which I hope will not be repeated for WOC6.

sifu

Thanks Adam.

Its always N.1 on our must buy list!

David_Conyers
As I said, I hope to have the files to Pegasus by end of Nov. It normally takes a month to print, plus its Christmas so I'm guessing, and this certainly isn't offical, it might appear first or second week of Jan 2007. Massively late I know but that was due to our technical difficulties which I hope will not be repeated for WOC6.

Actually, I was hoping you could tell us about some of the articles and scenarios appearing in the next issue, as opposed to when it is coming out? But the information you gave is gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Black-Seal-Editor
Actually, I was hoping you could tell us about some of the articles and scenarios appearing in the next issue, as opposed to when it is coming out? But the information you gave is gratefully recieved.

That serves me right for speed-reading at work.

The contents so far are:

• Master of Hounds – a one-off scenario set in the London of the Great Fire of 1667.
    Out of the Ages – a modern day scenario by Gary Sumpter
    Twilight Sleep – a 1920s scenario by Aaron Varnek
    The Sword of Sneferu – an Egyptian mythos fighting organisation
    The Germaine Institute – a modern day group fighting evil in the United States
    The Cult of Red Hook is explored by Dan Harms
    Scott Glancy has some very interesting things to say about the future of DG in Directives from A-Cell
    There’s a neat article on time travel in Keeper’s Corner
    Dark Ages Constantinople by the fabulous Chad Bowser
    And I might sneak some other stuff in as well...

edited: added Constantinople after the outraged Mr. Bowser quite rightly kicked my arse!

AdamAstonbury

Thanks for posting that Adam.

Sounds good (as ever)....!

cjbowser

That looks like another killer issue...can't wait.

David_Conyers

Thanks Adam

kindermord

I wait with baited breath and poised pocket book.

FunGuyfromYuggoth
Dark Ages Constantinople by the fabulous Chad Bowser
:lol: :idea:

Setvenharis

Is Issue 5 available yet?

If it is, I'll ask my local Travelling Man store to order one in for me! :)

Black-Seal-Editor

Errr... no. Not yet.

kafka47

Adam or other knowledgable person, would you happen to know who your distributor in Canada is? Tempted to shortcut my FGLS, as I have got nothing but grief from them lately when I asked that they order direct from Choasium's website (only way to get MULAs and they don't pay duty but they prefer the distributor route -- so I need something to hammer them over the head with, when NA distributors are alerted, I can hammer them)...

FunGuyfromYuggoth

Errr... no. Not yet.

Are we there yet!?! Are we there yet!?!

:wink: :lol:

Setvenharis

Hey, what can I say? I love reading WOC. :)

sifu

My FLGS said it was coming in this week! Do we have to wait until after Christmas?!?!?

(We'll be very happy whenever it comes - it has become the only magazine (of any kind) we pick up without fail.)

Paul

I need number 5 to finally get that completed Elder Sign on the spines as they are aligned neatly on my bookshelf-it's very considerate of the editors to provide 5 tomes of sanity loss but at least to give a little something in return to those loyal enough to stay the distance.

But it does beg the question-what are the plans for future volumes? Do we get a Yellow Sign for volumes 6 though 10?

Paul

Black-Seal-Editor
Adam or other knowledgable person, would you happen to know who your distributor in Canada is?

PSI Fulfilment are the global distributors of the magazine.

HTH.

Black-Seal-Editor
Do we have to wait until after Christmas?!?!?

Yes. But it is coming. Like something in the dark, to paraphrase a crap but occasionally inspired TV show.

NullandVoid

There’s a neat article on time travel in Keeper’s Corner

edited: added Constantinople after the outraged Mr. Bowser quite rightly kicked my arse!

Figures... I'm 2 sessions in to my Time Travelling CoC scenario....

However, the Time-Drift Potions from a previous issue will see significant use in the coming weeks...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.