Sign in to follow this  
ParadoxHazard

WTB - "Roddy McDowall Reads... Lovecraft"

Max_Writer

I ordered the Roddy McDowell CD. I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

Max_Writer

Got it today. Very professional-looking CD case. I'm going to have a listen to it tomorrow I think.

DavesWorld56

By filing an Ebay Search Request I've been able to find vinyl copies of the Roddy McDowell Lovecraft LP, and David McCallum "Dracula" and "Dunwich Horrors" LPs. So far the most I've paid was $37.00 for the Dracula LP. It's weird with ebay sometimes. I went almost a year waiting for a hit on the Roddy McDowall LP. The week I finally got notified one was avialable two other copies showed up for auction the very same week.

Max_Writer

I had a little trouble with the CD. First one had a couple of tracks that didn't work but they were very good about having me mail it back in and replacing it. The replacement is fine though there is a little echo. Unsure if this is on the original vinal or not.

All in all, I'm satisfied with this and enjoyed listening to it. Thumbs up.

DavesWorld56

Yes that is how the original vinyl sounds. I'm not sure if it was intentional on the part of CAEDMON for it to sound that way for some kind of effect or what. It's almost as if Roddy is reading the story in a great big auditorium or something. I've noticed that the David McCallum LPs I have don't have that echo to them.

Guest squashua

What I wouldn't give for a "Rod Roddy reads... Lovecraft" audio.

andrewagill
What I wouldn't give for a "Rod Roddy reads... Lovecraft" audio.

Nyarlathotep, come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price out of Color!

Max_Writer

Yes that is how the original vinyl sounds. I'm not sure if it was intentional on the part of CAEDMON for it to sound that way for some kind of effect or what. It's almost as if Roddy is reading the story in a great big auditorium or something. I've noticed that the David McCallum LPs I have don't have that echo to them.

THANK YOU for that information. Good to know that what I have sounds like the real thing. Thanks.

FunGuyfromYuggoth

How about Paul of Cthulhu reads "Call of Cthulhu" and sells it on iTunes?

ParadoxHazard
How about Paul of Cthulhu reads "Call of Cthulhu" and sells it on iTunes?

Thats brilliant!

DavesWorld56

Here's David McCallum Reading "Dracula" Cover Scans (Click On Thumbnails To See Full Size Image):

th_DavidMcCallumDraculaLPFrontMainWith.jpg th_DavidMcCallumDraculaLPBackMain.jpg