Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PoC

YSDC alternative domain names

PoC

Could have been handy. Most if not all three letter .com domains are gone now.

Yog.com was registered in 1996 to Yog Cybermedia in Belgium. Nice front page they have! :)

Paul

cjbowser

(and no I haven't registered paulofcthulhu.com!)

Paul

Please note the unspoken 'yet'. :wink:

YOG

You probably don't care, but here's the story anyway ;-)

I fell in love with Lovecraft's books a long time ago. Somehow, i got the nickname 'Yog' from my friends. Starting in 1996, i did some freelance web design and i knew 'Yog' had to be in my name, hence 'Yog Cybermedia'. When i purchased my first domain name, yog.com seemed the obvious choice - i registered my own last name only many years later ! In 2004, i started my own company under a different brand, and decided that yog.com would host a short tribute page to Lovecraft.

3-letter .com domains are indeed a scarce commodity, and i get offers for yog.com about four times a year - one came last week from China 8O. But i still hold to it.

Oh, by the way, Paul's email reminded me of a small update i had in mind since too long. I suggest you go check http://www.yog.com again :D

PoC

Thank you very much for the link!

Paul

phobia

YOG,

We also appreciate the link!

David Noal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.