Sign in to follow this  
The_Silent_One

Arwassa, Zvilpogghua, Ycnagnnisssz, Xiuhrn, Oorn

MisterEntropy

Alright, done...new thread for creature contributions is the "Original & Obscure Deities/Monsters Contribution Thread", all previous entries have been copied there with credit given to contributors.

Alright, done...new thread for creature contributions is the "Original & Obscure Deities/Monsters Contribution Thread", all previous entries have been copied there with credit given to contributors.

Cheers.

Kuroi Bohzu.

Victimizer

Well, hasn't been in a post here inna while...

...anyhoo, it would appear that after reading Walter C. DeBill jr.'s story collection "Tales of Awe and Terrible Beauty", that our understanding of Mlandoth is somewhat...off.

Mlandoth, and an entity called Mril Thorion and sometimes referred to as Yidh Nak are two beings that formed when the universe was created; they are two underlying principles of the cosmos, seeking to join back into one another, thus sometimes creating whirls of matter or even entities.

One of these entities is Ngyr Korath, an Outer God who exist near our region of Space, whom abhors all Life due to our incessant chatter. To destroy us all he has formed his Messenger and Servant 'Ymnar, who seeks to bring us down by making us war against one another (and by "us" I refer to all Life Forms).

Also, the book mentions a Great Old One called Ayi'ig, one of the Sons of Yig and Yidhra.

I'll be editing the Family Tree to reflect these changes.

The_Silent_One

Theory: Yeb as Hastur's parent?

MisterEntropy

More likely Nug if you buy the Big H being half-brother to the Big C. Me, I figure Hastur for almost-Outer God status and, whatever monstrous squiddly creature is in Hali ias just a physical manifestation to keep a foothold in Carcosa. But Yeb being Hastur's parent would make them cousins, and lead to the even more unlikely idea of H. being immediate family to Tsathoggua & co, which is doubtful to say the least.

Tindalos

I'm personally of the opinion that Yeg and Nug/Nagoob being Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath, Respectivly.

Yes this means they gave birth to themselves via each other... But can you think of anything more fitting for the manifestations of Time and Fertility?

The_Silent_One
More likely Nug if you buy the Big H being half-brother to the Big C. Me, I figure Hastur for almost-Outer God status and, whatever monstrous squiddly creature is in Hali ias just a physical manifestation to keep a foothold in Carcosa. But Yeb being Hastur's parent would make them cousins, and lead to the even more unlikely idea of H. being immediate family to Tsathoggua & co, which is doubtful to say the least.

True. I've always thought of Hastur as more an Outer God myself. The distinction is vague; Cyaegha (GOO) is by far mightier than Tulzscha (OG) on Earth, and the Big C is actually more dangerous than Ubbo-Sathla, who is mindless and crippled.

Victimizer

Having read the Tsathoggua Cycle I am entering Kzadool-Ra as a progeny of Tsathoggua...

...and because of the Hastur+Shubby thread, since there seems to be an interest in their spawn (being Ithaqua, Lloigor, Zhar and the rumored third of the obscene triplets.

Ghoth the Burrower

Forgive the "necropost", but I've got intrigued browsing this thread. And plus I am new here.

Khaeropsis--"The Scavenger", "That Which Waits" Great Old One

Interesting concept and background, but it immediately recalls either the pygmy hippo (genus Choeropsis) or the parasite Temnocephala chaeropsis. How about Kyrop'xeh? ;)

*humble suggestion, of course*

I am entering Kzadool-Ra as a progeny of Tsathoggua...

I've read some scanty preview of the Resurrection of Kzadool-Ra, but I did not understand what kind of creature is he. However I agree he may be Tsathoggua-like.

Ghoth the Burrower
*rises to apllaude*

Swarog (Great Old One)

from Christoph Steines's "Jahrhundertsommer" printed in "Berlin - im Herzen der grossen Stadt" Cthulhu Supllement.

This extradimensional entity appears as a gigantic, legless burd swathed in flames which moves via all sorts of strange winding and spasmic motions. Instead of a head, it's long neck is topped by formless black lump, half of which situates a big glowing eye, the other being covered in innumerable tentacles.

Swarog lives in the Dimension of Ra'dalma, a paralell cosmos to the one in which we reside. The other Earth's northern Hemisphere is the abode and unchallenged "kingdom" of Swarog and is the reason for it's inability to be summoned in our southern hemisphere. Even then this is an enormous feat and would require an immensely powerful ritual or spell.

On earth Swarog is named after the slavic firegod of old ("Swarog"), though these two do not seem to be related in any other way than name.

It's earthly worship stems from the Tartar- and Turkish nomad tribes, but it is unknown whether that region still houses any Cultists of his.

Ra'dalma's earth consists of one huge landmass covered only in endless sand dunes and flatter regions of sand. Some stone buildings akin to temples occasionally cover the landscape of Ra'dalma such as the city of Zvatamia which houses Swarog's people, the legendary Sandwalkers (or possibly "Sand-goers").

Swarog and the sandwalkers cannot stand cold temperatures, though while eventually fatal for the latter, Swarog is merely bothered and is only dispelled by it after several months.

Here how I render your Great Old One:

http://spikevalance.deviantart.com/art/CX2-Swarog-260616211?q=gallery%3Aspikevalance%2F743785&qo=4

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this