Sign in to follow this  
The_Silent_One

Arwassa, Zvilpogghua, Ycnagnnisssz, Xiuhrn, Oorn

I've just read this thread through. I had to roll for 1D10 SAN loss.

My head hurts, and I hope you're all satisfied...

Mine does now I've gotten into this whole GOO genealogy thing.By the way who or what is Ptmak, and who created this character/thing in the first place? :?

Kuroi Bohzu

Victimizer

http://www.eldritchdark.com/misc/hyper/hyper-a-f.html#GlossC

Scroll down to Cxaxukluth; however, note that the conclusion drawn about cxaxukluth is the opinion of the author of the article. Ptmak can safely be called Nug, with a supremely minimal chance of it being Yog-sothoth (both being 'tulu's parents). The direct quote would be somewhere in Clark ashton's works, so either at eldritch dark or here: http://www.worldofschmitt.com/writings/smith/

Haven't read through 'em yet, so can't help ya directly.

Question to you, since you knew about Ghadamon: Are the Star Mother and Arwassa also creatures which were created for scenarios? What about Baoht Z'Uqqa-Mogg? Or the Dho-Spawn I mentioned? And maybe Vibur? *grasping at straws here*

Question to you, since you knew about Ghadamon: Are the Star Mother and Arwassa also creatures which were created for scenarios? What about Baoht Z'Uqqa-Mogg? Or the Dho-Spawn I mentioned? And maybe Vibur? *grasping at straws here*

Thanks for the info on Ptmak, Victimizer.The Star Mother was created by Mike Szymanski for the Kingsport scenario and Arwassa was made by Randy McCall for The Asylum and Other Tales.Baoht Z'Uqqa Mogg was made by Scott David Anniolowski for Fade to Grey and Mysterious Manuscripts and the Dho Spawn is by Phil Anderson for Fearful Passages.Kevin W.Jacklin created Vibur for Dark Designs.

I hope this answers your queries. :)

Kuroi Bohzu :wink:

Shathis

I'm losing SAN just reading this thread. :lol:

Victimizer

Well it's not like you'll be needing any if you stick around these forums...

@KuroiBohzu:

Wow, yes, that does answer my questions. You see, my Malleus Monstrorum lists these beings as being inspired by the following:

Arwassa (The Dunwhich Horror)

Dho-Spawn (Letter to Mr. Finlay)

Star Mother (Dream Quest to Unknown Kadath)

Vibur (The House)

Baoht Z'Uqqa-Mogg (Despair)

Ghadamon (okay, he ain't in the Malleus, but he's stated to be from the book of Eibon in the Dreamlands book)

Needless to say I couldn't really figure that one out. Many thanks, once more.

(Also added Suc'Naath and the unknown god to my lineage post.) Say is the unknown god also a scenario based god? he seems to be stuck in some device of the elder things.

(Also added Suc'Naath and the unknown god to my lineage post.) Say is the unknown god also a scenario based god? he seems to be stuck in some device of the elder things.

As far as I know, The Unknown God is the ultimate nasty in Beyond The Mountains Of Madness scenario book.Just who, by the Blood of Byatis, is Suc'Naath by the way? These GOOs are proliferating faster than Abhoth after absorbing Ubbo Sathla for dinner! :?

Kuroi Bohzu :?

Wood
Well it's not like you'll be needing any if you stick around these forums...

@KuroiBohzu:

Wow, yes, that does answer my questions. You see, my Malleus Monstrorum lists these beings as being inspired by the following:

Arwassa (The Dunwhich Horror)

Dho-Spawn (Letter to Mr. Finlay)

Star Mother (Dream Quest to Unknown Kadath)

Vibur (The House)

Baoht Z'Uqqa-Mogg (Despair)

Ghadamon (okay, he ain't in the Malleus, but he's stated to be from the book of Eibon in the Dreamlands book)

They were all created for scenarios, and the quotes - which aren't directly relevant - were added for atmosphere.

Victimizer

I see, that'S what I thought. Thanks.

Suc'Naath is an outer god from a german authors story (don't have the Malleus handy right now). His body has been split into several pieces which are inside of different objects or maybe people. Don't remember more right now though. I'll post more about it when I have my book back.

The_Silent_One

What is Vibur's bio/description?

And said god's?

And Dark Han?

Xiurhn?

Vordavoss?

X'chll'at'aa?

Mappo no Ryujin?

I need answers 8O! *Psychotic/Manic Stare.*

Tindalos

Mappo no Ryujin is from "Secrets of Japan" or at least is detailed there.

(A) Herald of the End Times, Mother of Yig, and basicly a big insubstantial dragon/snake covered in little white snakes which bite people. She gets linked with all those other primordial snake/dragon gods/goddesses that Cthulhu is often linked with (Tiamat, Leviathan, Typhon, and the midgard serpent), and along with her "son" Yig, is also supposed to be Quetzacoatl.

Wood
What is Vibur's bio/description?

He's a big green hairy corrosive blobby thing. With about six eyes. Like an evil alien pear drop licked and rolled in a cat basket.

That's basically it.

What is bio/description?

Vordavoss?

Vorvadoss AKA The Flaming One /The troubler of the Sands is an Elder God who manifests as a silvery mist with an unhuman face in it. :wink:

Kuroi Bohzu.

What is bio/description?

X'chll'at'aa?

I'm sure that you made this one up for a laugh,didn't you? :?

What is bio/description?

Xiurhn? I need answers 8O! *Psychotic/Manic Stare.*

Xiurhn is the servitor/prisoner of the Dreamlands entity Night.It resembles a slothlike creature with vampire bat wings and a sinister (gasp!) pulpy head! 8O

8O Kuroi Bohzu 8O

The_Silent_One
What is bio/description?

X'chll'at'aa?

Nope.

What is bio/description?

X'chll'at'aa?

Nope.

So who is this X'chll'at'aa creature anyway and where does it hail from?

The_Silent_One
What is bio/description?

X'chll'at'aa?

Nope.

So who is this X'chll'at'aa creature anyway and where does it hail from?

That's why I asked.

What is bio/description?

X'chll'at'aa?

The progeny of Ctheen and Jaghoth.Does that answer your question? :wink:

Kuroi Bohzu. :wink:

The_Silent_One
What is bio/description?

X'chll'at'aa?

The progeny of Ctheen and Jaghoth.Does that answer your question? :wink:

Say was, Herr Bohzu? Elaborate

Ctheen, GOO, tentacular creature with four podlike bodies joined together, that dwells in catacombs under london and has a few ghoul and Tcho Tcho worshippers and Jaghoth an outer god that resembles a mass of glowing silvery whiplike appendages worshipped by a rogue thuggee cult that managed to move from India to under the 1930's London docks.These two mythos beasties mated to produce the being X'Chll at'aa! 8)

The_Silent_One
Ctheen, GOO, tentacular creature with four podlike bodies joined together, that dwells in catacombs under london and has a few ghoul and Tcho Tcho worshippers and Jaghoth an outer god that resembles a mass of glowing silvery whiplike appendages worshipped by a rogue thuggee cult that managed to move from India to under the 1930's London docks.These two mythos beasties mated to produce the being X'Chll at'aa! 8)

WHat is X'chll'at'aa, then?

Victimizer

...are you pulling our legs, KuroiBohzu?

I mean, it sounds kinda...

...outlandish.

I'll have that Suc'naath description in t'morrow. I also could add those of the other deities only appearing in german stories, if your interests are so inclined.

(and where'd those guys come from?)

I would say that X'chl-whatever would be a great old one, as no GOO has ever born an outer god (there's an unbroken tendency in that mess after all, heh. The further away you get from the source...)

MisterEntropy

I saw this name up on the CM Wikipedia entry at some point, along with some sort of silly-sounding epithets; think it's been taken down since. I sincerely suspect it's the product of A) someone's utter and complete BS-ing, or B) some bit of spectacularly wretched fan-fiction, such as would make Pulver look effin' genius by comparison. :wink: So I wouldn't worry about it anymore, seriously.

Victimizer

Goody me kinda thought so.

Anyway, here's the late description of Suc'Naath:

He's one of the mindless gods that twists and dances in the court of Azathoth. His amorphous form slightly resembles a spinning hurricane like thing with strings of violet and golden colors across it's form; it constantly emits sickening smacking and screeching noises and every now and then the contours of painstricken faces appear on Suc'Naath's body.

Suc'Naath's essence is currently split into three parts; one of these is in the comet Aiin, the other in some sort of statue while the third has been genetically passed on for aeons through the prehuman (and now human, mostly middle eastern) races of earth (This part is referred to as the black seed of Suc'Naath). The carriers of this gene are said to have done great magics and/or to have been quite insane, and it is thus possible that such people as the old man of the mountain, jesus christ and Abdul Alhazrad have been carriers of the black seed.

Should the three parts ever be combined, Suc'Naath will be freed. Each of the parts on it's own is only capable of acting as a conduit for the powers of Suc'Naath allowing it to envelope victims and attack their nervous system, causing them to enter a sort of contnous macabre death spasm, curiously remniscent of a dance, until death sets in (and sometimes longer than that).

Suc'Naath is served by a small middle eastern cult known as "the Golden Hands of Suc'Naath", a small band of intellectuals and trained Assassins that wish to free Suc'Naath. They may have connections to the old Hashashin cult as well.

Suc'Naath springs from the story "Die goldenen Hände Suc'Naaths" from Cthuloide Welten #2 written by Peter Schott.

Some other german mythos gods would be The Singer from Dhol (outer god), The dark Bull (Avatar of Nyarlat) and Swarog(Great Old One).

...are you pulling our legs, KuroiBohzu?

I mean, it sounds kinda...

...outlandish.

Yes I am :lol: . I thought it was time to start making things up for a laugh when I realised that all these mythos entities are so prolific that even the Mythos fans lose track of who or what the next gibberishly named beastie is! :)

Thanks for the info on Suc'naath by the way, Victimizer.Perhaps it is time to have a competition to see who can create the most believable GOO or other mythos god,complete with name,cult and description? :wink:

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this