Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agent_Donald

Is there a setting unsuitable for CoC

Tsepesh
the only ideas I have Teletubbyland & Little House on the Prairie (1870's Kansas).

Hey rNC! I have to agree that the Tellytubbies evoke primal horror in all right-thinking people.

No kidding, I would rather take a vacation in R'lyeh then find myself in there creepy little world.

The TV series took place in Walnut Grove, MN. That was where ol' Pa Ingalls moved his family after their short stay in KS. Ask Tsepesh about the horrors of Minnesota. ;)

Thank you for advertising, the royalty check is in the mail. :wink:

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9326

banshee

Three words: My Little Pony... 8O

justadame

I wonder, what about a Kenneth Williams Mad Doctor in Carry on Cthulhu ?

Or even a Sid James style cultist ?

Hmm..

stepheno

Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead (filmed as The Thirteenth Warrior) is a 'real life' retelling of the Grendel/Beowulf story, and it's fairly implicit that Grendel and his mama are neanderthals.

They may be intended to be Neanderthals, but the use of "Venus figurines" indicates modern humans fromthe Neolithic.

thothkins

Thinking of the blood speckled, frothing mouths of evilly sentient, possibly possessed My Little Ponies is shuddersome. All those burning little eyes, the way their little heads all jerk and twitch. "Groom him, groom him" with those scratchy, whinnying voices. All in unison. >Shudder<

Children's toys and the destruction of childhood is fair game. A Hastur vibe perhaps?

Nope, cant think of anything that can't be used.

old_school

The Elder Things have brought forth Ubbo-Sathla with which to create new life forms to serve them.

The players are complex, self-replicating Hydro-carbon chains that must foil this attack on their way of proto-life.

Brother12

Giant bloated cyborg creatures, they live in a reinforced dome in bottom of a crater. Their only companion - a strange robot servant that lives in perpetual dread. Their days are spend in strange rituals, chanting the same words over and over again. Megaphones that rise out of the ground to issue Cryptic instructions from their unseen masters. Most disturbing of all, replacing the sun, is the Flaming Baby Head in the Sky.... (San1d4/2d6)

cpt_machine

Ninjas vs Pirates vs Cowboys: The eternal flamewar...

Thorulfr
The players are not really investigators or middle-age peasants, how good they roleplay. They are "us", and I think we would all s**t my pants full if we would see a real-life Deep One or Sadako crawling out of her well and out of my TV.

(Sorry, I just can't resist): Actually, if I were to see a Deep One or Sadako in real life, I would be too busy s**tting my OWN pants to be bothered with s**tting YOURs. You can take care of your own pants, thank you. It would be much easier and leave us more time for running away, full pants or not. :wink:

(There is way, waay too much blood in my caffeine stream today, and my perverse sense of literalism is kicking in...)

David_Hallett

I'm not sure that Father Ted would really benefit much from the addition of the Mythos. The unspeakable horrors would be no match for Father Jack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Ted

I think it could work for Bagpuss though. What's that the mice have brought in? Look, it's a copy of the Necronomicon! I wonder what Professor Yaffle will make of that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagpuss

:D

kafka47

The Vietnam war was very horrific without the Mythos, I can imagine a group of scenarios that wouldn't turn it into a triviality. But, then again, I might be wrong...

moonbeast
Ninjas vs Pirates vs Cowboys: The eternal flamewar...

You forgot zombies! It's not a REAL horror-centric war without zombie armies!

Cyber-Ninjas vs Undead Pirates vs Insane Clown Cowboys vs Juju Zombies. With a little bit of Lovecraft thrown in.

Nemo235

Don't forget the Dr. Seuss scenarios.

Leave one, keep one.

Old one, deep one.

Where ever we go, mi-go!

A byahkee for pie and tea.

Mutter, ramble, flutter, and shamble.

There's a spawn on my lawn.

Cthulhu's call was heard by all.

Uhh... what rhymes with Nyarlathotep??

ProfSpender

I think an In nomine/Coc crossover wouldn't really work out. Most probably, Cthulhu & company would be reduced to just one set of Christian demons. And the other way round, with the CoC cosmology as The Truth, there is no reason why angels and demons should exist.

But then again, such a crossover might be exactly what Derleth had in mind...

Nescio

Waitaminute. Cthulhu is supposed to return and bring about the end of the world. Jesus is supposed to come back at the end of the world. Clearly, Christianity is an off-shoot of the Cthulhu Cult! 8O

deuce
Waitaminute. Cthulhu is supposed to return and bring about the end of the world. Jesus is supposed to come back at the end of the world. Clearly, Christianity is an off-shoot of the Cthulhu Cult! 8O

You have read RM Price's piece for Chaosium's The Necronomicon? It relates Gnosticism/Christianity (and related "eschatological" movements) to Cthulhu-worship in a brilliant manner. This is just "IMO", but Price is a Biblical scholar of the highest caliber (I study the Old/New Testament myself) and he pretty much crosses the "t's" and dots the "i's". Before going to all the work yourself, I suggest you read his essay. :)

cynick

Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead (filmed as The Thirteenth Warrior) is a 'real life' retelling of the Grendel/Beowulf story, and it's fairly implicit that Grendel and his mama are neanderthals.

They may be intended to be Neanderthals, but the use of "Venus figurines" indicates modern humans fromthe Neolithic.

That point is also raised in the book, in the pseudo-scholarly appendix.

In the Mythos world, could it be possible that Venus Figurines are cult objects of Nyarlathotep in "his" bloated woman avatar?

ZodiaK

As I proposed in "psychedelic interzone": Jesus was an Avatar of Nyarlathotep. Bringing greatest confusion into the world, doing magic tricks, flying into sky, after he has been supposedly killed, sound quite familiar, doesn´t it?

Quote:

Frank Goudge: "If I look at the chaos in our modern world, you seem to have much more faces than a thousand."

Ghane Nofruka smiles:" I have to be careful with my human shapes. In my most popular appearance, I was was nailed to a piece of wood by your race."