Beagle

Bad Moon Rising + ???? = Success

Beagle

I'm a big fan of Chaosium's epic Bad Moon Rising scenario, well I am of the first part at least.

So I'm wondering if anyone's tried rewriting the second half of the scenario or whether there's another printed scenario that might work as the 2nd act?

Thoughts...?

misterPockets

What part do you see as the second act, and what do you want to change about it?

You might want a similar story with changes to specific details, you could want to make it the same story but more open for the PCs, or you could want a total overhaul. More mundane? Less mundane? No yithians? Etc.

Beagle

Everything up to the arrival on the moon is good, but the rest of it is too reminiscent of Beyond the Mountains of Madness. The possibilities are endless but I'm keen to know if any other forum members have done something different to what's in the published scenario. Preferably I'd like to go for something that isn't too pulpy.

Black-Seal-Editor

Bad Moon Rising is a gateway scenario.

The finale allows the Keeper to plonk the investigators anywhere they like. You could deposit them a year before they left, or in ancient Rome, or Victorian London, or an alternate reality. I chose Hyboria. The decision is yours.

OneoftheDeep

Pretty much what Adam said.

I have thought of using it as the first adventure for a time traveling campaign where the investigators Quantum Leap from time period to time period hoping the next leap..is the one home.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now