Moomin

New keeper progress report

Moomin

Well, Im fresh from the last of the three CoC intro sessions (edge of darkness) I ran at my local flgs and I'm feeling jolly proud of myself :) felt like I got into my stride by the last one, finding myself better able to discover more opportunities to scare the hoolies! Out of the players " you enter the general store, the door rings a bell as you enter but elderly woman at the rear seems not to hear you, we shout a bit louder- no response, we ring bell again, still no response,  ok I walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder  , the woman shrieks!! Flinging her mop around in wild defensive arc and admonishes them for not ringing the bell to get her attention". A simple section of the game but shows how you can get jump scares into the most mundane of story section. It was ace. Anyhoo, I now have numbers for a regular group (probably two) but only have time for one. Next adventure Will be "Genius loci" from Doors to Darkness, any tips from you guys that would help with the running of the scenario would be most helpful :) I'm loving being a keeper whoop! (All the players were previously D&D players and several have said they would now like CoC to be their main game, squeals! Huzzah!

P.s several players have got the flgs to order in some Chaosium products, commission please:) just kidding!!

playdead

Congratulations! Well played! Edge of Darkness is my go-to for starting new groups. I’m actually running a session tomorrow evening for the first time at my FLGS, but our time is limited to three hours and I didn’t want to rush that scenario. So I’m doing Servants of the Lake from Doors to Darkness. If folks want to play some more, Edge and Genius Loci will be next. 😊

I looked up the history of the Danvers facility and found it quite interesting. Downloaded some pictures that I hope to print out and use for the session. Some of them are fairly disturbing and they’ll definitely add to the atmosphere.

Let us know how things go!

Moomin

Many thanks ! I moved onto Genius loci after Edge and had a fantastic session last week. The team came up with fantastic out there plans to break into Danvers before the dark of moon, hypodermics filled with barbiturates, poisoned meat, ladders, rope and tarpaulin sheets (you had to be there hehe) little did they know but the earlier spotted patrols/guards were no longer present just before the ceremony leaving their complex preparations rather redundant! But watching them plan it all was fantastic :) Moving onto Servants of the lake next week then perhaps some stuff from Nameless Horrors.

playdead

Poisoned meat. Leave it to the players! 🤣 That’s fantastic! 

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now