andreroy

CoC Wishlist.

Dante7
10 hours ago, littleo said:

Dante 7, it was teased 2x I think on MUP podcast, but I don't recall if any mention ever appeared in writing. I recall they said they had the writers lined up, so it must have been a bit beyond the idea phase. Dealing with a certain wizard mentioned in letters in Lovecraft's- a castle in Eastern Europe.

M

Was a title mentioned? 

And would this be a Castle Ferenczy, perchance?

littleo

Yes to the castle. I don't recall if a working title was mentioned. Some of the writers were mentioned- Scott Glancy and maybe Brett Kramer. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe someone will chime in with further details.

Best.

Mike D

WinstonP
11 hours ago, littleo said:

Yes to the castle. I don't recall if a working title was mentioned. Some of the writers were mentioned- Scott Glancy and maybe Brett Kramer. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe someone will chime in with further details.

Best.

Mike D

Are you thinking of the campaign for Colonial Cthulhu?  That would be the Curwen Conspiracies, a book I had no role in. Not sure about Adam Acott Glancy. 

It has a description in the Yog wiki thst mgiht add details - https://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.php/The_Curwen_Conspiracies_(Supplement)

Ric

Dante7, World War Cthulhu: Cold War did see print (and pdf I think??) briefly, and then the published Cubicle7 relinquished their Chaoisum licence to develop their own system, so it was withdrawn from circulation. You MAY be able to find a copy second hand somewhere. I scan all my books because that way I can print off pages when needed and deface them with notes etc and maintain the print edition in good shape, so I do have a pdf of Cold War. I don't know what the ethics and law of sharing a pdf of an out of print (but not out of copyright I assume) book are. If I can be assured I am not doing anything wrong I would be prepared to send you a copy. (Perhaps it needs to be a sale to avoid infringing copyright??? I don't know).

PoC
4 hours ago, Ric said:

I don't know what the ethics and law of sharing a pdf of an out of print (but not out of copyright I assume) book are.

I'm afraid you can't. It's as simple as that. That's one of the issues with PDFs – for in-copyright materials you can't share them further without the publisher's permission.

There's definitely still a place for physical books where you can pass them around and sell them on if need be.

Travern
7 hours ago, Ric said:

Dante7, World War Cthulhu: Cold War did see print (and pdf I think??) briefly

Amazon still offers physical copies of World War Cthulhu for sale, as well as its Section 46 and Covert Actions supplements—but only a couple of copies are left of each.  (It's a crying shame Cubicle 7 let them fall out of print—they're my favorite titles from them.)

Ric

OK Dante7 it seems I can't help you. Sorry. Good luck with the Amazon search, and hopefully the prices haven't been too hyped by the rarity. 

Travern, they are out of print because they no longer have a licence as they intend to reissue them under their own game system.

Travern
6 hours ago, Ric said:

OK Dante7 it seems I can't help you. Sorry. Good luck with the Amazon search, and hopefully the prices haven't been too hyped by the rarity. 

The current prices on Amazon are in line with the original retail—they're not collectors items yet (unlike their Cthulhu Britannica series). 

On 13/03/2019 at 15:17, littleo said:

Travern, they are out of print because they no longer have a licence as they intend to reissue them under their own game system.

I'm aware, but it's still a shame (they obviously thought that Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, and Warhammer Fantasy were better properties to license).  Incidentally, I spoke to a Cubicle 7 affiliate at PaxUnplugged several months ago about plans to reissue them, but it sounds like this hasn't progressed into the planning stage.  Maybe there will be news by the time GenCon rolls around, though I'm not keen to pick up a whole new RPG rules system just for their Mythos line.

Dante7
On 14/03/2019 at 04:58, Ric said:

Dante7, World War Cthulhu: Cold War did see print (and pdf I think??) briefly, and then the published Cubicle7 relinquished their Chaoisum licence to develop their own system, so it was withdrawn from circulation. You MAY be able to find a copy second hand somewhere. I scan all my books because that way I can print off pages when needed and deface them with notes etc and maintain the print edition in good shape, so I do have a pdf of Cold War. I don't know what the ethics and law of sharing a pdf of an out of print (but not out of copyright I assume) book are. If I can be assured I am not doing anything wrong I would be prepared to send you a copy. (Perhaps it needs to be a sale to avoid infringing copyright??? I don't know).

Sorry, I may have mistyped, I was comparing the idea of a 50s sourcebook to Cold War.  I do have a copy. It''s one of my favourites.

Dante7
On 13/03/2019 at 15:17, littleo said:

Aw, man! I would have totally gone for something like that! The only other Mythos gaming book that I know of that acknowledges Hutchinson is Cthulhu City.  

Though of course the Ferenczys themselves kind of permeate the short-lived Necroscope game line, if you want to count them...

cloud64

A book I would like to see is a collection of some of the best old scenarios, converted to 7th ed. and updated with some of the tweaks and improvements that have arisen over the years. This was done with Dead Man Stomp, Edge of Darkness and Paper Chase for the Starter Set and proved very popular. There's a wealth of experience with old scenarios to draw upon, so why not use it to bring back some old favourites and present a new audience with some  guaranteed gems? Given the choice between a collection of corkers or a collection which may only have one or two I want to play, I know what I'd plump for. That said, I do think Chaosium have got the balance between old and new about right at the moment.

I have other ideas for what I'd like to see from Chaosium, though not necessarily books as  andreroy specified books in his OP. I'll post them here later if no one objects.

andreroy
5 hours ago, cloud64 said:

I have other ideas for what I'd like to see from Chaosium, though not necessarily books as  andreroy specified books in his OP. I'll post them here later if no one objects.

Sure. While the key idea the thread is to share what new or unpublished elements we would like to see (thus leading towards new adventures/sourcebook), other wishlist (republishing, new or old mechanic or what not) are also welcome.

I doubt it will have much weight in their final decision, but I sure people at Chaosium and at 3rd party publisher are curious to see what the buyer would like to see.

Dante7
On 14/03/2019 at 04:58, Ric said:

Dante7, World War Cthulhu: Cold War did see print (and pdf I think??) briefly, and then the published Cubicle7 relinquished their Chaoisum licence to develop their own system, so it was withdrawn from circulation. 

Sorry, perhaps I mistyped.  I was making a comparison to Cold War. I do have a copy.  It's a favourite of mine. 

For purely selfish  reasons, "Curse of Seven" , TOME's "Toy Shop" and "Heka Hoy", and Pagan's "Book of Hidden Things", because I've never managed to find any information on them anywhere.

klecser

I would really like to see Chaosium come out with a basic miniatures line for the game. Maybe CoC leans more on the "theater of the mind" style, but I struggle to find relevant miniatures for the game. Yes, I know the Kickstarter that is on right now. Those specific miniatures don't really do much good for general campaign use. I can put together what I need through Reaper, but at great cost. I'm thinking of things like blisters of Cultist X5 and "1920s dressed people" X5 or something.  Of course, just general investigator miniatures would be nice too.

nclarke

I'd also recommend Bob Murch's lines sold via Pulp Figures. There is a Drawing Room Detectives pack that would be ideal for many CoC games as would the Heroes and Personalities packs.

Denis
32 minutes ago, nclarke said:

I'd also recommend Bob Murch's lines sold via Pulp Figures. There is a Drawing Room Detectives pack that would be ideal for many CoC games as would the Heroes and Personalities packs.

Thanks for the link, these are great!

PoC

Bob does some great minis. See also:

One of the things I'd like to see for Cthulhu games are more big maps and plans. 🙂

ColonelAutumn9155

I'd love to see a book or five dedicated solely to all the "lost" lands and civilizations: Valusia, Hyperborea, Kn-Ya'an, G'harne, Lemuria, Mu, etc...

Maybe some ideas for campaigns based on the discovery, subsequent expeditions, and exploration of these places?

Also, anything related to the Elder Things. I love those guys, but I feel like they don't get enough attention (aside from BtMoM, which is amazing).

littleo

Yes, there really is no lack of suitable 28mm minis for COC or related games, but it takes a bit of digging. Just looking at RAFM, Pulp by Bob Murch, Old Glory/Blue Moon, Artizan miniatures and Uncle Mike's Worldwide for Strange Aeons should provide the base collection for any 20-30s adventurers, cultists, evil nazis and creatures. In addition, there are numerous smaller ranges by other companies, terrain pieces, vehicles, loads of individual minis by Reaper, etc.

I keep seeing these comments "I can't find any minis for COC." I think when drilled into, what they are saying is "I can't find any COC minis like Games Workshop, or fully packaged buy off the shelf lines." This is true; pulp is a niche market in minis games. Good places to start would be The Miniatures Page and Lead Adventure Forum.

Strange Aeons is a really fun Lovecraft minis game by the way.

M

willmize
47 minutes ago, littleo said:

Strange Aeons is a really fun Lovecraft minis game by the way.

I have NEVER heard about this game, and now I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon reading about it.

- Bill

cloud64

Bluemoon do reasonably priced bundles:

http://www.bluemoonmanufacturing.com/view_product.php?product=BMM404

I have all the FFG Mansions of Madness minis, so they do for the rare occasion when we want to use them. That's just a happy coincidence and, much as I like the game, I can't recommend going down that path just for minis.

willmize
16 minutes ago, cloud64 said:

Those are some nice minis!

Makes me wish I'd devoted more time to learning how to paint them really well; they would be a fun addition to any campaign.

- Bill

cloud64
14 minutes ago, willmize said:

Those are some nice minis!

They certainly are, I just wish I had a good excuse to buy some of them.

They do vehicles too. This one set off an almighty ear-worm, so be warned. I think it's the jaunty angle of the car that did it.

http://www.bluemoonmanufacturing.com/view_product.php?product=BMM1000

If you don't want to be haunted for the rest of the day, don't click here…

Spoiler

Think Dick Barton, which Ihave just learned is called The Devil's Gallop.

willmize
42 minutes ago, cloud64 said:

They do vehicles too. This one set off an almighty ear-worm, so be warned. I think it's the jaunty angle of the car that did it.

http://www.bluemoonmanufacturing.com/view_product.php?product=BMM1000

Looking at those vehicles conjures up Keystone Cops type chase scenes. 
I'm seriously thinking about getting a starter paint set and trying my hand at a cultist or two.

- Bill

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now