horrabin

A Cold Fire Within - upcoming Pulp campaign

horrabin

I recently heard an interview with Mike Mason where he spoke briefly about a new campaign for Pulp Cthulhu that's in the works, A Cold Fire Within. It's written by Christopher Smith Adair and seems to be dealing with psychic powers and takes place in the US during the1930's, but I'm wondering if anyone has any more information about it?

For instance, is it a campaign in style of Masks or Two-Headed Serpent with an overreaching arch and story, or is it more of a campaign where the scenarios are more or less unrelated but some NPC's and/or locations are reoccurring in the different scenarios? Is it suitable for new players or is it more for experienced keepers and players? And when can we be expecting it out for sale? I believe Mike said in the interview that he was done with editing and now it's going into art direction. I have no idea if that means it might be released before summer (as a pdf first of course) or if it will take a lot of time to get ready so it might not be out until the end of the year (or even maybe next year).

I love the Pulp setting and look forward to read (and hopefully play) A Cold Fire Within, so I'm eager to learn more about what this campaign might entail.

willmize

Paging @MikeM! Paging @MikeM!

Please report to this thread.

- Bill

MikeM

Hi

When I use the word "campaign" I (99%) mean it has an overarching plot  and story played out over a course of chapters (or scenarios) - this IS the case for A Cold Fire Within. The chapters all form a narrative progression and tell a big story. It's also very ace and very pulp.

The book is in art direction, which takes anywhere from a couple of months to three or four. Then it goes into layout and checking - for about 2 months, then the PDF will go on sale, followed by the print book some 3 months later.

More on the plot will be released in due course...

Denis

Thank you for the information @MikeM! Much appreciated. I am looking forward to this as well and the timing seems very good in my case.

horrabin

Yes, thank you for input Mike. My definition of a campaign is the the same as yours, so I'm glad to hear that's also the case for ACFW. Looking forward to learning more what the campaign is actually about and hope to be able to buy it as soon as possible. ☺️

MikeM

Hi

Yes that's sort of correct (to say more would be a big spoiler) - but yes, to time traveling minds and mastodons, and some weird 'ancient' gadgets.

KnygathinZhaum

I finished the Two Headed Serpent with my main group and promised them we'd dive into the new Masks 7e after a short change of pace with a Numenera campaign, but my GOD is it tempting to dive back into the pulp universe. I love it so much. 

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now