qstor

Delta Green WWII

qstor

Has anyone been waiting like me for LIKE over 10 years for this? I know the proposed author had a skeleton outline years ago. Its been ages.

littleo

Hi. Are you referring to something about to come out, or just waxing nostalgic about wanting a book on the topic?

I have wanted to play COC WWII for a long time. I have both Achtung Cthulhu and World War Cthulhu. The first really didn't do it for me. WWC is good I think and I will probably run it and WWC 1970s at some point.

Mike D 

nclarke

Big fan of WWC have run lots of SOE based adventures and a few based on the WWC London book as well.

Less a fan of AC! as it's concentration on rivet counting leaves me cold and although I've played Three Kings, They Came from the Sea and the Fate version of Trellborg Monstrosities I was very disappointed with the 6e versions of the first two and Fate just didn't fit the third one although it that have been down to the Keeper.

eternalchampion
4 hours ago, nclarke said:

Big fan of WWC have run lots of SOE based adventures and a few based on the WWC London book as well.

Hi Nclarke, we are beginning with "God  of the woods". Have you played it? Could you tell us your opinion on it?

nclarke

Not played it myself, but as it's written by Gar Hanrahan it should be good.

Mostly I run games I write myself and usually I base the core around one of the many real life SOE operations, for example I did an Operation Postmaster, or use movie references and ran one called Tomes of Naverone.

PoC
50 minutes ago, nclarke said:

... and ran one called Tomes of Naverone.

Touché sir.

MrHandy

There was an Achtung! Cthulhu FATE game that was started on Play@Yog-Sothoth a few years ago, but it drew more on WWC, and we all played SOE operatives. Sadly, the Keeper mysteriously disappeared and the game just stopped.

I'm also playtesting A Cool and Lonely Courage on that site, which is a tragic story RPG about the women of the SOE. The first playtest went very well, and I'm looking to do a second one. It has its own simple rules, and while the Mythos isn't involved, there's no reason it couldn't be. The author, Alex White, sometimes does Cthulhu Mythos mashups/hacks with other games. He recently posted a couple on his site.

rylehNC

As far as official sources, The Fall of Delta Green mentions a mission involving Y'Golonac occurring at the start of Operation Dragoon.

Nightbreed24

DG could deploy to the Pacific, where desperate Japanese soldiers have started praying to Aku-Shin-Kage. This hook can also be used decades later, for Japanese holdouts.

Taavi
On 08/02/2019 at 19:51, qstor said:

Has anyone been waiting like me for LIKE over 10 years for this? I know the proposed author had a skeleton outline years ago. Its been ages.

TWENTY years...

Honestly with WWC and AC occupying the space, modern DG doing so well, and Fall opening up a whole new era, I suspect the window has closed. You could basically run a DG campaign using the A!C material anyway, just reskin it a bit.

IIRC there is a DG in WWII timeline on the Fairfield Project wiki which might assist.

PaulStJohnMackintosh

I'm playing a Fall of DELTA GREEN campaign right now set in southern France after Operation Dragoon and the invasion of the Riviera. FoDG handles the whole setting and period perfectly. Actually, it seems to be developing a rep for doing DG for any period short of the 1980s - I'm running another campaign set in Paris c.1960, and playing in one set in French Indochina c.1950.

If you have a problem with the GUMSHOE system and FoDG's mechanics, Arc Dream and Pelgrane worked very hard to make sure that FoDG and the new DG are highly intercompatible. A DG hack of FoDG would take no time at all.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now