Sal

What kind of content would you like to see on Miskatonic Repository?

Sal

Hey all!

I've got a few things I want to work on as a Miskatonic Repository submission, but I'm keen to get people's steer on what kind of stuff they find useful?

Do you only use full scenarios?

Would something like a handful of cool new monsters, or rituals or spells or artifacts be interesting?

Any other kind of asset that you've looked around for and not been able to find?

Cheers!

klecser

I think the biggest area of improvement for MR would be setting information. I really appreciate people who do the research to give Keepers and players historical sandboxes to play in. For example, I find the Mythos Society Guide to New England to be a really nice fan product.  Clearly a labor of love, information-rich, and just a lot of ideas to draw from.  Don't get me wrong.  I like scenarios. I'm pretty flush on scenarios right now, bth from the MR and officially published products.  Settings?  It is really difficult to find some of the older setting information. Not as much info as I'd like...

Sal
3 hours ago, klecser said:

I think the biggest area of improvement for MR would be setting information.

Damn, the one thing I can't do without extensive Real World reasearch!

You're right though that would be very useful. Might have to actually do some work!

klecser
2 hours ago, Sal said:

Damn, the one thing I can't do without extensive Real World reasearch!

That likely explains the limited content.  ;)

MrHandy

I'd like to see some solo adventures. I'd write them myself, if I ever have time to get up to speed on 7th edition and then actually write them.

Denis

Personally, since I'm way behind on experiencing all the already published scenarios, I'd be most interested in background information like @klecser mentioned. Something around Arkham that adds to the Arkham sourcebook would be cool. Anything in Lovecraft Country actually would be good.

Mysterioso
10 hours ago, MrHandy said:

I'd like to see some solo adventures.

That would be very nice.

Sal

Some really interesting suggestions that I haven't considered before.

Thanks everyone!

rsanford
On 08/02/2019 at 15:20, klecser said:

I think the biggest area of improvement for MR would be setting information. I really appreciate people who do the research to give Keepers and players historical sandboxes to play in. For example, I find the Mythos Society Guide to New England to be a really nice fan product.  Clearly a labor of love, information-rich, and just a lot of ideas to draw from.  Don't get me wrong.  I like scenarios. I'm pretty flush on scenarios right now, bth from the MR and officially published products.  Settings?  It is really difficult to find some of the older setting information. Not as much info as I'd like...

This-^ Exactly this. Something that ties to Hudson & Brand in Victorian England would be nice, Chicago or possibly Tikal in Guatamala? Other places would be good too.

Robin

The Arkham Gazette is a perfect example of what I'd like.

Regards,

Robin

willmize
1 hour ago, Robin said:

The Arkham Gazette is a perfect example of what I'd like.

I cannot even begin to argue with this; their stuff is WONDERFUL, and the fact that you can get it POD and PDF together is the icing on the cake.

- Bill

Ric

Setting material; expansions to campaigns by linking and incorporating exisiting scenarios; fleshing out of organisations, be they cults, brotherhoods, conspiracies, or investigator organisations. 

Mysterioso

A nice resource would be a printing of conversion notes for scenarios for other game systems. 

For instance, if there is a scenario for Thrilling Tales (which runs off of Savage Worlds) that looks like it would work for Pulp Cthulhu, create a document for the Miskatonic Repository that starts with a clear link how where to get the original scenario (probably a URL for DriveThruRPG), and then provides notes on how to convert some mechanic to a CoC7E (ex., where the scenario asks for X task at this point in the scenario use Y task as detailed on page XX of CoC7E) and conversions of NPCs to CoC7E. 

Western, Gaslight, and Pulp could probably all benefit from this as it would add more material for Keepers (especially those who only know the rules for CoC). 

Denis
On 15/02/2019 at 21:45, Ric said:

Setting material; expansions to campaigns by linking and incorporating exisiting scenarios; fleshing out of organisations, be they cults, brotherhoods, conspiracies, or investigator organisations. 

So, there is some interest for an investigator organisation? I'm working on one for my campaign and it might become a Myskatonic Repository submission...

Sal
7 hours ago, Denis said:

So, there is some interest for an investigator organisation? I'm working on one for my campaign and it might become a Myskatonic Repository submission...

I really like Hudson & Brand for this. I think Investigator Organisations can provide a nicer way to bring in new characters when old ones die /retire. 

Do it! :D

Ric

Not so much new organisations as much as expanding on and fleshing out existing write-ups. 

PaulStJohnMackintosh

Plenty of work to be done on real-world conspiracies, cults, brotherhoods, secret societies, etc, and how they can be given a Mythos spin or simply used as decor. Once again, would need some hard work, but definitely worth it.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now