PoC

Guestbook - Introduce Yourself

rollinnerdy

Hi,

I’m Michael. I am running my first campaign as keeper, Masks of Nyarlathotep.

agedangel

I'm a former member and patron.  My thanks to YSDC for welcoming me back into the fold.  I don't game myself, but I enjoy others' discussions of it.  I'll probably be lurking most of the time, but I intend to renew my patron status.

I've written dark, fantastic, and weird fiction (and occasionally gotten it published), but I won't bore you with details.  Suffice it to say I don't make a living at it.

I'm sorry to hear the site is having so much trouble with spammers.  I'll be on the lookout, keeping my trusty Doctor Grordbort's Victorious Mongoose at the ready!

Best to all!

AA

[Threads merged. ~Mod.]

PoC
6 hours ago, agedangel said:

...sorry to hear the site is having so much trouble with spammers.

It's partly a factor of the fact we've been sailing the high seas of the internet for over 20 years. The spam bots are relatively easy;  the human ones that prove trickier to deal with.

– and welcome back!

Rayven
On 02/01/2019 at 03:56, rollinnerdy said:

I’m Michael. I am running my first campaign as keeper, Masks of Nyarlathotep.

Your first Campain run is going to be Masks? That is pretty ambitious! I have been Keeper for next to 8 years now and playing CoC for something like 10, and am only now getting into Masks. This site is a great resource for it and other campaigns as well.

Denis

Hi everyone, I'm Denis (French spelling because I'm French Canadian). I started playing RPG about 35 years ago and I've played a bit of Call of Cthulhu back then, but not since. I've played numerous games since, though. I recently decided to look into Cthulhu again and will be keeping my first game soon (Edge of Darkness, the starter set version). My plan is to run many of the classics adventures so that my group and I have a good grasp of the game, and then perhaps next year run Masks, depending on how I feel confident I can do it justice.

UrsusMaior

Hello, fellow nerds and cultists!

I've been a role-playing gamer sind the nineties, with some on/off playing at first and then playing constantly since 1997. My love for gaming and reading phantastic literatue as well as parental bedtime stories of "how it was, when mom/dad were your age" have brought me to study history. I wrote my PhD on Egyptian cults in the Roman Empire, a topic which greatly helped and helps me preparing various RPG campaigns, MoN is due 2020. My second major was English language and literature, with the latter being my focus. The role-playing hobby definitely had a positive influence on my command on the English language. Unfortunately, being a historian of ancient cultures, I speak no third modern language.

I stumbled across CoC the first time during a small convention in my hometown, here in Western Germany, and it made a lasting impression. The keeper was awesome and I was around 16 years old and rather new to the hobby. I didn't touch CoC for around 20 years after that, as I developed a general dislike for percentile systems. As I matured (*cough*) in age and CoC went into the new 7th edition, we met again on Essen Spiel games fair in 2017. It was instant love and I burnt through all of my budget in five minutes, buying the slipcase set and HotOE boxed set. I currently run HotOE with a group of nine (!) players and it is working superbly.

Personally, I've been on a lucky streak for a couple of years now. I work in university administration, share my mentioned HotOE campaign with my future wife and I am about to enter local politics.

Oladahn

Hi all,

Del, not my real name but it's what my friends call me. Live on Guernsey.

Older guy, been playing RPG since the early 80's, actually started with basic D&D, moved on to Advanced D&D, Traveller, Ars Magica, Kult, Aliens Adventure Game and Call of Cthulhu.

Haven't played for many years, life, career, family, house just sorta took over.

Now looking at starting up again hopefully with three members of my old group taking part and really excited but oddly apprehensive about it.

Hope to contribute a bit on the forum.

LawfulGoblin

Greeting.

I'm a new player, run and play D&D for 3 yrs.

Cthulhu looks like an exciting new system I want to try my hands on.

I've only run one game of Cthulhu so far for a friend (Paper Chase).

Very clean and easy to learn system, I think I will have much fun with it.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now