Eudaimic

The source of these Jackson Elias book covers?

Eudaimic

Does anyone know where these book covers come from? In the back of my mind I think they might have been a leftover from Ben's prop kickstarter or something, but I don't know why I think that.

I really love them; they so feel period correct I wish I could get them as real props 😄 

(PS: Paul, I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, feel free to move it!)

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Chitin
2 hours ago, Eudaimic said:

Does anyone know where these book covers come from? In the back of my mind I think they might have been a leftover from Ben's prop kickstarter or something, but I don't know why I think that.

I really love them; they so feel period correct I wish I could get them as real props 😄 

They were a stretch goal for the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482503977/masks-of-nyarlathotep-companion/posts/1325863 (designed by Patey, but not part of his Kickstarter). There's several others at that link, as well.

Eudaimic

Ah, perfect, thanks! I'm a backer but I don't remember seeing the PDF with these covers; will have to dig around for it.

TheHistorian

I'm not sure that we ever got them. Which seems appropriate for anything having to do with He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Eudaimic

Strangely I have a different edition of The Smoking Heart than the one on the kickstarter page... no idea where I got it though. Looked around a bit and didn't manage to find any obvious source.

IMG_0205.jpg

d3d03dd4b284bdbd2826fc10930f93de_original.jpg

Maccabeus
2 hours ago, Eudaimic said:

Strangely I have a different edition of The Smoking Heart than the one on the kickstarter page... no idea where I got it though. Looked around a bit and didn't manage to find any obvious source.

Obviously paperback edition versus hardcover...

Black-Seal-Editor
5 hours ago, TheHistorian said:

I'm not sure that we ever got them. Which seems appropriate for anything having to do with He Who Shall Not Be Named. 

I hesitated over releasing them back in the day because of the furore over Patey.

I also thought that I had uploaded them as part of the DTRPG product that KS backers have access to. I've just checked and I did not, maybe I was saving them for a final release of ephemera from the project.

I will upload the covers to the KS product on DTRPG this week along with some other goodies (like an original sized scan of 1926 map of Nairobi). If you have subscribed to publisher updates you will receive an email that the product has been updated shortly after it has been.

Small thumbnail versions were used in the MONC in the article on Jackson's books, pages 67-69.

Eudaimic

🎉

Tlalchitonatiuh

Is there any other way to acquire them?  Say, if one didn't back the kickstarter? 

UrsusMaior

My thoughts exactly. I'm already browsing antiquarians for cheap books to wrap those beautiful pieces around.

Black-Seal-Editor
18 hours ago, Tlalchitonatiuh said:

Is there any other way to acquire them?  Say, if one didn't back the kickstarter?  

At the moment no. But that may change in the future.

Rayven

I would love to have copies of these book covers as well but I certainly didn't back any kick starters :s So I will have to wait. :( They are a beautiful idea! 

grodog
On 29/01/2019 at 16:54, Black-Seal-Editor said:

At the moment no. But that may change in the future.

Excellent news---thanks, Adam! :D

Allan.

Black-Seal-Editor
On 27/01/2019 at 23:53, Black-Seal-Editor said:

I will upload the covers to the KS product on DTRPG this week along with some other goodies (like an original sized scan of 1926 map of Nairobi). If you have subscribed to publisher updates you will receive an email that the product has been updated shortly after it has been.

I've been having trouble uploading the files to DTRPG so they aren't there yet. I've reported the error to DTRPG and hopefully, there will be a speedy resolution.

Eudaimic

Any news?

Black-Seal-Editor
On 09/02/2019 at 03:09, Eudaimic said:

Any news?

No progress yet, the trouble seems to be related to their recent move of servers.

Black-Seal-Editor

KS backers who have notifications from publishers turned on for their DTRPG account will have received the following email:

"An updated version of this title is now available.

The new URL will take you to a Google Drive folder containing handouts, Elias's book dustcovers, a 1925 map of Nairobi and environs, PD photos used in the MONC, and individual PDFs of the Companion pre-gens amongst other things.

This folder will be irregularly updated with more material as this is sorted out."

I have added a URL file to the digital downloads of the KS MONC. This is the URL for a Sixtystone Google Drive containing goodies from the MONC project. Browse and enjoy.

Eudaimic

Perfect, thanks!

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now