Moomin

Edge Of Darkness Banishing Ritual

Moomin

I will be running Edge of Darkness this weekend (New starter set version) and after having a read through it I thought it might be fun to get the players to actually play out the banishing ritual, as in take it in turns reading the text but ensuring that at least one person is keeping the reading going. In the text it states that the ritual will take an hour so I thought I would equate each repetition as five minutes of game time, should be fun to watch them desperately reading the spell aloud while acid goo drips from the ceiling and reanimated corpses bang on the door!! Mwahahahaha! 

[This is the right place to post! It deals with a "Jazz Age" specific adventure: Edge of Darkness. ~Mod.]

vincentVV

*Sighs* I won't recite all the information about about rituals in EoD - simply try to search Edge of Darkness here, on YS. You will find at least 4 threads about this adventure and at least 2 of them dealt with the ritual. :)

Moomin

*sighs* excuse me for not being all knowledgeable oh great one, I shall try better in future ;)

vincentVV

You are pardoned, initiate, and welcome to the Order of the Wimpy Geezers!

))))

No, really, take a look at those topics - they really have lots of useful things and ideas.

And about conducing a ritual - while it can sound fun for the Keeper - keep in mind that it can be a really boring experience for your players. Not necessary, but quite possible, so approach it with care.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now