Hijack

1920's / CoC Paper Minis?

Hijack

I know there's a discussion about lead/plastic minis a couple steps down from this new thread (at the time of the start of this thread) but that discussion only seems to be touching the topic of paper minis.  So, I figured I'd start a separate topic for where folks have found good repositories of paper minis for CoC.  I've found a few collections on DriveThruRPG  and through the usually Google image search but for the most part they are harder to find than fantasy RPG paper minis. 

Patreon offers some very good channels for fantasy paper minis.  Channels like PrintableHeros, David Okum and Paper Forge are lush with a wide selection of fantasy paper minis and often times those minis are applicable to CoC but not always.  For a 2-3 dollar a month support on a channel, it's (IMHO) well worth the investment to see what new minis the artists release and to have access to all the back library of releases.

Has anyone else come across good resources for CoC along these lines?

carpocratian

I make my own.  I set up a Publisher page with a lot of (folding) long rectangles of the appropriate size and use it as a template when I am making paper minis.  I just find art that I like and plunk it into the appropriate rectangle, or in all the rectangles, if I am making a horde of the same thing.  In the latter case I also put a number on each rectangle to make it easier to keep track of the which one goes with which individual.  Then I just print them on cardstock and have my wife (who has a much steadier hand) cut them out. 

Hijack

I have a process for making some as well but I mainly curious in where folks have been finding quality art work for the minis.  David Okum posted a teaser on his Patreon page a few days ago that he's working on some pulp era minis  which should be available to patrons sometime in January.  I'm looking forward to that.  

His page is at https://www.patreon.com/okumarts/posts

cloud64

Noting that Pathfinder calls them 'pawns', I tried a Pinterest search for 'Cthulhu investigator pawns' – it proved successful.

Not much good on the big search engines though.

Hijack

Huh.  I had no idea that minis were sometimes referred to as pawns.  Those crazy kids keep changing vocabulary on me.  Thanks for the tip!

cloud64

It’s new to me too. I just happened to bump into the Pathfinder pawns last weekend. At least da kidz spelled it right this time. 

carpocratian
On 11/01/2019 at 09:16, Hijack said:

I have a process for making some as well but I mainly curious in where folks have been finding quality art work for the minis. 

I have found a lot of the imagery I use on mine on Pinterest, Deviant Art, and Google Images.

logoi

There are some pretty cool ones on Drivethrurpg if you look up "pulp paper minis". I use them a lot. Also you will find some Deep Ones and such from the same source.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now