AdamAlexander

Thank you Secret Shoggoth XIII

AdamAlexander

Thank you Secret Shoggoth for the wonderful books that arrived on my doorstep today. They are much appreciated! Have a Merry Yithmas!

file-2.jpg

file1.jpg

Mysterioso

Cyclopean thanks to my Secret Shoggoth for the Boris Karloff movies collection and the nifty Cthulhu socks!

With the latter, it is now wingtips on the outside but cultist under the pant leg. 

SS Gift.jpg

Maccabeus

Immeasurable thanks to my Secret Shoggoth for the spectacular Call of Cthulhu silent movie poster from the HPLHS! It's going to look great hanging on the scant bit of wall space not taken up by bookshelves.

cocPoster-v2_1024x1024.jpg

Galbraith

Thanks to my Secret Shoggoth for the nice HotOE deck of cards and fiction collection, and the really nice prop coins that came along as well! I look forward to paying my players the wages of sin with them. 

A happy Solstice to all! 

GBSteve

Ho, ho, ho! Secret Santa has been and left me a very lovely copy of weird Indiana. I set the Trail of Cthulhu demo game in this fine state and always had plans to develop it more. Now I have a reason and the means to do! Thanks so much, whoever you are!

Rayven

Love craft cooking?...Who would have thought. And those Cthulhu socks are amazing!!!!! I can hardly wait for the mail. o.O

CharlesWard

Thank you Secret Shoggoth for this wonderful book. I look forward to reading up on my history... I mean Vampire history; I've said too much.

IMG_20181208_124430.jpg

PoC

Thank you Secret Shoggoth for the gift of edible horrors! Hotel Chocolat with added mythos-y customisation...

secret-shoggoth-xiii-gift-poc.jpg

They turned up in the middle of our nameless: Manderely Mysteries II game so Patrons will be able to hear them arriving on audio. 😎

WinstonP

May Tsathoggua heap the bounty of lost empires upon my Secret Shoggoth who delivered unto me a book of North Carolina ghost stories that had tucked inside it old newspaper clippings and a post card!

A ghoulish Yule-tide to one and all.

7E248A87-2ACE-479C-BC59-FEFA33C96194.jpeg

804155E2-3621-4DB1-9993-ABF6720CD6DD.jpeg

2E5A5862-8498-4C02-B89A-07743DEBA18A.jpeg

2C0EC1D7-3991-4E30-9F17-FD12E0839837.jpeg

140CD3BB-A001-4404-9B12-7A25799CBB1D.jpeg

ClarenceColeman

Waiting to open my gift until past Solstice until Christmas and my own birthday is tough, but the shock of my in-laws is worth it.  My youngest opened mine, shrieked in delight for me and then repackaged it.  Now the Super Secret Shoggoth Surprise will have greater effect on the uninitiated.

WP_20181210_11_48_00_Rich.jpg

Afraid of the dark

Ah the mysterious Shoggoth sends gifts from afar! A rather small hat (which I then realised was a dice bag, yeah OK, I'm slow on the uptake!), a handmade christmas stocking (which shows that an amorphous Shoggoth with no hands can still sew better than me!), stickers, a cultists membership badge (shhhh, I don't advertise membership) many stickers to spread the word, and a handmade colouring book, that contains such things that if given to a small child would ensure social services would probably be called ;) Dare I look! Thank you for taking the time and making such effort. 

DSCN9733.JPG

WinstonP

I was wrong to sssume my gifts were at an end!  Lo, a bar of stovecsrver’s soap (rosemary scented, shaped like a gravestone) arrived yesterday. Thanks to my Shoggoth. :)

E9EF16AF-B9ED-4619-83E3-F3FF3034A93F.jpeg

C150214B-03CB-41E4-A477-B54E2059748E.jpeg

Rayven

o.O Cthulhu cultist tags!!!!!!! I want a set of these.

Some one presses grave shaped soap....You learn new things everyday.

These are some awesome gifts so far I'm so anxious waiting for mine!

gabrielconnor

My secret shoggoth went a bit mental and blessed me with 6 new books! Granted, I'll need to learn German for 2 of them, but still! 

Thank you Secret Shoggoth!!!!

secret.jpg

Munchezuma

My Secret Shoggoth birthed some children on my porch and they arrived in lovely batrachian green sacs. I hope it is okay if we leave them there until Christmas morning. I'll be sure to leave them cookies and milk until then. Thank you Secret Shoggoth! More pics when they hatch!

IMG_5236.jpg

Chitin

Thanks, Secret Shoggoth! Dark Adventure Radio Theatre and some other props from HPLHS are always wonderful to get!

Rayven

@Chitin, Hay let me know how those Dark Adventure Radio are! I've been eyeing them for a while but money is tight at the moment!

Maccabeus
43 minutes ago, Rayven said:

@Chitin, Hay let me know how those Dark Adventure Radio are! I've been eyeing them for a while but money is tight at the moment!

I can tell you from personal experience that they are all amazing! I have almost all of them. The propwork is generally superb (the @HPLHS prides itself on museum-quality replications), the sound effects are great, and the voice actors are quite talented. If funds are tight, you can order DART adventures as digital downloads at a substantially lesser cost. 

Maccabeus

Just when I thought it was over, I received what might be the most Lovecraft-ian gift possible from my Secret Shoggoth -- a guide to cemeteries in New England! Not only does it provide hand-drawn maps and written overviews, but the entries are interspersed with bits of poetry from the likes of Lord Byron, Edmund Burke, and Cotton Mather. I also really, really like the accompanying postcard that will soon find use as a bookmark in my @YSDC Eternal Journal. 

20181217_075459.jpg

ClarenceColeman

Another package arrived, this one from overseas.  It is addressed to me and this username, so both real and YSDC names.  It must be a Secret Shoggoth gift?!

carnage_lee

I've received three packages over the last couple of days, ones that I wasn't expecting.

The first envelope contained these two handsome bookmarks, which will be heavily used, luckily they feel quite robust and are laminated so I expect them to last for quite a while.

The note on the packing slip promised more goodies.

20181219_084949.png.aae0ee12c4e1b54242f2075ee5dedc5c.png

Last night, two more packages were waiting when I arrived home.

There wasn't any arcane markings on these to identify them as coming from my Secret Shoggoth but I feel that they must be from that generous and eldritch entity.

Now I need to decide which bookmark goes into which book.

20181219_085109.png.c7b2ce427430fdb693e7c7530e1748f3.png

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth, for your generous gifts - the stars are definitely right for reading over the festivities.

ClarenceColeman

Yes, a Secret Shoggoth from the past surprised me again, too.  What a happy band of people.  Thanks for organizing it, Helen!

Rayven

:S....I'm still waiting for my package...I wonder where its coming from? I'm so excited! Everyone has sent such wonderful items so far, The secret shoggoth's have always been remarkably generous and show amazing good will to their fellows. I hope anyone participating in Canada doesn't have to wait to long either though, those postal strikes are still ongoing, it must be a real mess out there.

fluffy

Thank you so much, Secret Shoggoth, now when I go back to Boston in 1936 I will not be lost and may be mistaken for a local.

I have recently discovered Charles Stross and am so pleased with the books.

E6CD8F46-A8C5-4AAB-A124-40734FA6F3FF.thumb.jpeg.25bd831b9da4efbc3004c15286ea316e.jpeg

Karloff

Oho! Arrived today from some sinister squamous sender, one perilous perturbing package stuffed with loot! Floridian loot, what's more ... mmmm ... Floridian ....

Many thanks!

IMG_1113.JPG

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now