PoC

Whacking the Mekon

PoC

I'd forgotten these had come out. My introduction to Dan Dare was with 2000AD rather than the Eagle.

DAN DARE: The Audio Adventures (Season 1)

Dan Dare first burst onto the pages of Eagle comic back in 1950. Long before 'Star Trek' sought out the final frontier, this truly British comic book hero promised a brave new world. Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future was the original ‘Guardian of the Galaxy’.

Inspired by the 1951 Radio Luxembourg series, B7’s audio reimagining of this enduring British space hero (available on CD and digital download via www.DanDareAudio.com) returned to defend the Earth against the malevolent Mekon with six action-packed adventures.

Dan Dare features Ed Stoppard as Dan Dare, Heida Reed as Professor Peabody, Geoff McGivern as Digby and Raad Rawi as the Mekon.

Spaceship Away!

______

The voice over lady may sound familiar.

Travern

"Is the Mekon Misunderstood?"

HJ

Crooked Dice do a nice alien leader "cough mekon cough" miniature.

Dan Dare was the star of 2000AD in those early comics before Judge Dredd became popular.

DrMonster

Thanks for posting these.  Love both radio drama and pulp science fiction.  My first reaction to BRP via GORE wasn’t an urge toward eldritch horror but “Rockets away!”

BigJackBrass

Geoff McGivern as Digby? I think I'd constantly be expecting him to pull out his copy of The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"... 

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now