Sign in to follow this  
GBSteve

The Lovecraft Reread

GBSteve

Has anyone been following Ruthanna Emrys and Anne M. Pillsworth review of all HPL, and much wider Mythos fiction? It's on the Tor Books website and is called The Lovecraft Reread. The first one was three years ago and they've now done more than 200.

I've just dipped into a few, including the one of Robin Laws' Full Bleed, and I'm enjoying it.

Travern

I check in every now and again on their exegesis of the Cthulhu Canon, and it's consistently entertaining.  At this point, they're more or less done with HPL's original stories and revisions, and they've moved on to writers in the Weird Tales circle, other contemporaneous horror writers (classic tales and those mentioned in SHiL), and modern ones influenced by HPL.

Also, I particularly appreciate that in this era of podcasts that it's a written blog.

yockenthwaite

Oh very nice. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

I've been reading a lot of Lovecraft's stories, and blogging about them here on my Yog Blog, now onto mainly his revisions. So it's always nice to see other writeups of opinions, especially the lesser read ones.

I will save this link for returning to later. Thanks again! I'm also planning on moving to Clark Ashton Smith etc, so it will be useful then too.

RogerBW

After the excellent Winter Tide, the name Ruthanna Emrys gets my attention instantly. Thanks!

GBSteve
4 hours ago, yockenthwaite said:

I'm also planning on moving to Clark Ashton Smith etc, so it will be useful then too

Have you heard The Double Shadow? It does for CAH what the HPL Literary Podcast does for HPL. It also involves Ruth Tillman who writes for Pelgrane, and made a free ebook of all HPL's work

2 hours ago, RogerBW said:

After the excellent Winter Tide, the name Ruthanna Emrys gets my attention instantly. Thanks!

Yes! I enjoyed that too. I'm waiting for Book 2 to become more affordable.

yockenthwaite
8 hours ago, GBSteve said:

Have you heard The Double Shadow? It does for CAH what the HPL Literary Podcast does for HPL. It also involves Ruth Tillman who writes for Pelgrane, and made a free ebook of all HPL's work

No, but I'll save the information for when I finally get to CAS. Many thanks! I was just checking out Kindle versions of CAS this morning, and adding some to my wishlist, ready for making a start in probably the next six months or so.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this