shoggothsean

Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set

shoggothsean

For those interested in such a thing, in addition to our Dark Adventure Radio Theatre dramatization of Masks of Nyarlathotep, the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society will also be releasing a Gamer Prop Set of all the prop documents for the MON campaign plus a bunch of extras that we thought would be fun to throw in.

And for the truly deranged fan we'll be releasing a limited edition Super Deluxe Set which will include the radio play, all the props for it, all the props from the Gamer Prop Set and a spectacular collection of artifacts from the game. We will be releasing a final prop listing and price for this collection soon.

Shrike
On 28/05/2018 at 20:11, PoC said:

My prediction is somewhere between $500 and $1,000 USD for the Super Deluxe. (Happy to be wrong. i.e. under ;-))

I'll bet on the over, but it will certainly be tremendous if one has the budget for it.

PoC

I suspect you’re probably rght. ;-) The HPLHS Angell Box alone is $1,000 and this sounds bigger.

Several people paid $3,000 for a limited edition version of the 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules, so there’s certainly a market for items in that realm.

sasori

This is going to hurt my wallet so very baldy. :?

Time to club together the birthday presents from all extended relatives here...

Edit: To include the HPLHS stuff of course...

mvincent

My prediction is somewhere between $500 and $1,000 USD for the Super Deluxe. (Happy to be wrong. i.e. under ;-))

The Brotherhood of the Beast deluxe set was initially only $125 (currently at $200) and has a lot of stuff. I'd be surprised if MoN was more than twice that size.

Edit: I just noticed that you were referring to the Super Deluxe, which contains "a collection of fantastic artifacts from the game crafted by HPLHS artists and other mythos craftspeople across the globe"... which might include Delphes Desvoivres' props. Yeah: that could get costly.

PoC

We should find out in a couple of weeks when the HPLHS pre-order begins (mid-June). Again I wouldn’t be surprised if Chaosium’s PDF release of MoN 2018 coincides with that.

nclarke

That we should look to Origins (13th - 17th June) for the MoN announcement is my guess.

PoC

The Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set edition is now available to pre-order from the HPLHS, price: $96 USD.

mon-gamer-prop-set-edtion-hplhs-dart.jpg

What's included:

• All 109 prop documents, handouts, and maps from the Chaosium game supplement, designed and printed in the most realistic manner possible.
  • Twenty-one more bonus props.
  • An Ediphone wax cylinder case that holds a custom USB drive containing eight props that are audio files recorded by professional actors (transcripts included).
  • A set of 6 Nansen Passports issued by the League of Nations and a set of custom passport stamps .

Other editions relating to DART:MON are not yet available to pre-order (but expected around the middle of the month).

The HPLHS have said that the price of the Gamer Prop Set will go up after it's released in August.

Natai

Re: above, see existing thread about the HPLHS DART edition of Masks:

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/topic/32013-dark-adventure-radio-theatre-masks-of-nyarlathotep/

The Gamer Prop Set is now available for preorder. At $96 (only during preorder), this is actually less than I was expecting for what you get. No price for the Super Deluxe yet. 

shoggothsean

Now that Chaosium's PDF is out, we're sharing a sneak preview of a few of the props that are included in our Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set. Details available over at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. We anticipate we'll start shipping these out the first week of August. Our radio drama of Masks and our more deluxe editions (which include said radio play) should be shipping a month or so after that - we have to finish the 7 hour radio drama so we can include it.

GPS-Samples-text.jpg

Cangarwbach
7 hours ago, shoggothsean said:

Now that Chaosium's PDF is out, we're sharing a sneak preview of a few of the props that are included in our Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set. Details available over at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. We anticipate we'll start shipping these out the first week of August. Our radio drama of Masks and our more deluxe editions (which include said radio play) should be shipping a month or so after that - we have to finish the 7 hour radio drama so we can include it.

Any news as to when preordering will be available for the deluxe and super deluxe versions?

(Sorry @shoggothsean - I'm badgering you both here and on FB. I'm overseas for two weeks and terrified of missing out).

shoggothsean

Here's the sitch: we've got two props where we're still working with one of our prop masters to try and change the design to make the props as affordable and as light as possible. They haven't been resolved just yet and I won't be surprised if it takes another week or two to solve it. Because the Super Deluxe and Deluxe sets can't go anywhere until the radio drama's done, we're not rushing them along. We are trying to make sure the Gamer Prop Set meets an Aug. 1 deadline, so most of our efforts have been focused on the production side of that, plus the production of the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre episode of Masks.

Afraid of the dark

"More diverse paper types" 

I did think when I saw the picture that different types of paper should be used. That answers that question.

PaulFricker

No game could wish for anything better than a prop set from the HPLHS - I'm really looking forward to seeing these!

Also, in case you missed it, we released the second episode of our Masks special this week, in which Mike Mason, Lynne Hardy, Scott Dorward and myself openly discuss the new Masks of Nyarlathotep, spoilers and all. You can listen to the Good Friends of Jackson Elias episode 134 right here. 

shoggothsean

We hope you'll pardon this shameless plug for the HPLHS' Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set. It's very nearly ready to ship and we're quite happy with how it came out. When it starts shipping next week, we will be raising its price (it cost us more than we thought it would). So this is your last chance to get in on the pre-order price.

Oh, and the photo - that's most, but not all, of the props in the set.

MON-GPS-full.jpg

enaudible

Soooooo excited to get those in my dusty hinged folio briefcase and toss it on the table at each session....

Any update on when the deluxe/super deluxe will be open for business?

sasori

Ordered mine yesterday. Really looking forward to getting my grubby mits on this!

Cangarwbach
On 25/07/2018 at 20:30, shoggothsean said:

We hope you'll pardon this shameless plug for the HPLHS' Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set. It's very nearly ready to ship and we're quite happy with how it came out. When it starts shipping next week, we will be raising its price (it cost us more than we thought it would). So this is your last chance to get in on the pre-order price.

Oh, and the photo - that's most, but not all, of the props in the set.

MON-GPS-full.jpg

Nngngngnghghghhg. Was hoping to hold out for a chance of getting the deluxe/super deluxe versions. If I miss those, I'll miss the pre-order price too for the fall back position of the standard set.

#gamingcollectorproblems

sasori

Yeah, me too. I'm just hoping I can upgrade once Deluxe set is priced.

PoC

The HPLHS have just posted a picture of the box for their Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set. The set should be available to purchase from them at Gen Con next week as well. Whether that's at the pre-order price or the "full retail" price remains unknown (to me at least).

hplhs-masks-of-nyarlathotep-prop-set-box.jpg

If you work in imperial measurements, the box is 12" x 12" x 4", and filled, weighs almost four pounds.

jlynn

That's one sweet looking box!  I can hardly wait!

shoggothsean

But does it come in a pretty box? Why yes, it does.

We plan to offer them for a discounted rate at Gen Con, but it will not be as cheap as the current pre-order price.

PoC

So there's just a couple of days left to get the Masks Gamer Prop Set at the pre-order price.

PRE-ORDER: Order yours now and we'll ship it to you as soon as it's ready to go (est. Aug 1). Why? Because this special pre-order price is only good until we begin shipping, at which time we can guarantee you the price of this collection will have to increase substantially

I wonder if @clackey will be getting one?

JeffMindlin

I would dearly love to order this but the £50 shipping and the potential customs fee (about another £40 I think) on top of the price are preventing me. 

I know you can’t do anything about it and the price is good and fair. I’m just having a moan. Sorry. 

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now