Sign in to follow this  
jlynn

My System Crashes When Visiting

jlynn

[Moved to META. ~Mod.]

Just as a note (and I don't know quite where to send this, actually), I have been having a series of fatal system crashes whenever I log onto YSDC lately (the last two months or so).  It begins with my graphics device driver failing repeatedly (I just logged back in after having suffered a fatal crash after posting the note above, and my device driver just failed twice in a row), and, after a while, usually when I post something, I get a fatal system crash which is described as a "video schedular internal failure" which shuts my system down.  So far, this only seems to happen with the YSDC site, and I have no earthly idea why that would be so.  I speculate that it's some damn-fool thing Windows did in one of their updates, but other than that, I have no clue why this is happening.  If it matters, my browser is Firefox (and it is the latest version), but I've been using Firefox since before I joined YSDC and have never had this problem before.

I mention this in the off-hand hope that you'll have heard of this problem or something similar before and can give me a clever way to stop the crashing...  I hope you or one of the other readers has some useful advice to offer, but I'll continue to soldier on, regardless.  If it happens again after I post this, I'll post one more thing saying that, otherwise, no news is good news...  :-)

PoC

Sorry to hear you're having problems. It's not one I've heard of before.

I would initially suggest the usual approaches (clearing cookies and trying a different browser). Otherwise, getting the latest system updates for your machine (especially check for your video card by the sounds of it), registry repair/clean and computer virus scan.

In fact a quick search on "video schedular internal failure" comes up with:

...video scheduler internal error is caused due to errors associated with the graphics card and has a stop error code. Other reasons for this error include corrupt system file, recent software/hardware changes, corrupt Windows registry, malware or virus infection, and outdated graphics drivers.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this