Sign in to follow this  
Jedo

BtMoM: Pym Chapters as a Hook?

Jedo

(trying to keep this spoiler free)

So my players are midway through an introductory adventure with a bit of a book hounds element to it. So as I am thinking about how to organically bring them onto the Starkweather-Moore expedition in a few more sessions down the road, I had the idea that one of the rare book finds they come across are the Pym Chapters in the course of mythos tomes.

This way there is more time for them to read and puzzle over the document for a little while, and as they make further inquires about it, they would find themselves at odds with the other interested parties from the adventure. But I don't know off the top of my head if this reveals key information too soon- any thoughts?

Eudaimic

On the whole you should be fine doing that, but the implication of course is that the germans won't have them, or you'll have to find a way to get them into their hands.

That would give you a good hook to tell the backstory of Lexington's father and the story of the chapters.