Karloff

Historias para no dormir

Karloff

First, if you have any love for time travel and good storytelling, you should watch Spain's Ministry of Time.

That's not what I really want to talk about, tho. In the last episode of Ministry the writers heavily reference the works of Narciso Serrador, specifically his TV series Stories to Stay Awake which, judging by what I've seen so far, is a kind of hybrid Twilight Zone and Tales of Mystery and Imagination. I'm intrigued. I'd like to know more. I see there's an incomplete DVD version - like the BBC, TVE had a habit of losing things - presumably produced in Spain. Speaking as a hopeless monoglot, does anyone know if the DVD version has English language subtitles?

yronimoswhateley

I've never heard of this, but I'm interested!

Agrivar

If you're interested in the works of Narciso Ibañez, Serrador, he directed a 1976 Spanish horror film, Who Can Kill a Child? (In Spanish: ¿Quién puede matar a un niño?, it seems it was also internationally released with the title Island of the Damned). The film follows an English couple who visits an island inhabited by murderous children, and the story could perfectly serve as an 2-hour episode for the Stories to Stay Awake series. I suppose that an English-dubbed or subtitled version of the film will be easier to find than an English-subtitled version of the TV series (which probably doesn't exists).

Karloff

Yes, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that too. As luck would have it I'm going to be in the UK later this year; I shall have to keep an eye out for things like that. Thanks!

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now