Eudaimic

Model kits for BtMoM

Eudaimic

Not that I'm likely to ever use them, but I've been thinking of getting some model kits of the ship and planes from Beyond the Mountains of Madness. I'm used to painting minis, but my knowledge of the model kit space is somewhat limited. However I know that the Liberty Ship models are pretty close to what the Gabrielle looks like, and I'm wondering whether anyone here has recommendations on which kit to go with if I were to get something close enough to the Gabrielle (some of them don't have the forward cabin for instance).

Likewise with the planes.

willmize

As someone who probably hasn't build a model since he was 14, I cannot endorse this idea enough!

I shall be watching this thread with great interest, and credit card at the ready.

- Bill

mvincent

I've had my eye on a 33" waterline model. Although I never found it at the price I wanted, I still printed an enlarged picture of it onto my BtMoM GM screen for the appropriate chapters. I found it useful, especially during loading, searching and unloading phases, since I could affix (using painter's tape) details to each of the holds. I unfortunately didn't take pictures of that, but I have other pictures from my game here.

For airplanes I used a NewRay DC-3 (to represent DC-1's) for Starkweather-Moore and a Monogram Tri-Motor for Lexington

dulcamara
16 minutes ago, mvincent said:

I've had my eye on a 33" waterline model. Although I never found it at the price I wanted, I still printed an enlarged picture of it onto my BtMoM GM screen for the appropriate chapters. I found it useful, especially during loading, searching and unloading phases, since I could affix (using painter's tape) details to each of the holds. I unfortunately didn't take pictures of that, but I have other pictures from my game here.

Great looking props & minis. Where are those coins from, is that something we can order?

mvincent
3 hours ago, dulcamara said:

Great looking props & minis. Where are those coins from, is that something we can order?

Thank you. I got them from here and here.

Eudaimic

I remember seeing your game photos, I think that's what made me think about getting some models actually.

I've got those coins as well. They're on ebay if that makes it easier; they're quite nice.

Eudaimic
On 11/02/2019 at 14:34, Jedo said:

There is a Boeing 247d available on Shapeways:

Awesome. I'll see if I can find some time to print that out at the office. It's not the exact right model however; the cockpit of the model in BtMoM is forwardly slanted (and much cooler!)

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now