ephemere

Nameless RPG

ephemere

I have a strange question about the Y-S in-house RPG, Nameless. I tried to submit a support request, but was unable to select a valid Department on the form. Posting here was my only other idea for contacting the administrators of this fine site.

Yesterday I uploaded a Lovecraftian roleplaying game to DriveThruRPG, only to discover (thanks to a helpful commenter) that the title Nameless is being used by the folks at Yog-Sothoth for their in-house system. Ack! Back to the drawing board, I assumed. However, after reading the thread to which I was linked, I have some questions.

Is Nameless the firm title for your system, and do you intend to publish it for public consumption eventually? I got the impression (from a William Mize on Google+) that the title is a temporary placeholder, and from the forum thread, it seems that the intent is only to circulate it privately.

While I'm more than willing to dig up a different title for my game, I thought I would inquire here first, in case there's still a chance I can use "Nameless" without controversy, either now or down the road. I've attached the free one-sheet edition, which is clearly indebted to Cthulhu Dark in both mechanics and layout. The full game is currently in a 40-page "ashcan" edition.

Thanks in advance. Ia ia!

06 Vertical Booklet.pdf

PoC

Is Nameless the firm title for your system, and do you intend to publish it for public consumption eventually? I got the impression (from a William Mize on Google+) that the title is a temporary placeholder, and from the forum thread, it seems that the intent is only to circulate it privately.

Hello,

To answer your question, yes nameless is the firm and set title (not a placeholder). It has already been changed once (from Tales Out of Innsmouth) to comply with Chaosium's wishes, so "nameless" is what it officially became in 2017. There are no plans to change the title again.

Initially it will be in private circulation. It may go to public sale further down the line.

Hope that helps!

ephemere

Indeed it does, and thanks for the reply. All the best!

PoC

No worries! All the best for your new system!

willmize

Again, I'm a day late and dollar short not knowing that Nameless is what you finally decided to call the new baby.

I hope I helped a little bit, and hopefully the outcome will be good for everyone concerned!

We're all besties here!

- Bill

ephemere

I'm certainly grateful for the heads-up!

willmize

I'm certainly grateful for the heads-up!

No worries at all!

I do hope you'll stick around and get more engaged with the community here; it's a good one. 

Maybe you need beta testers, maybe you want to run a one shot online, etc.

I'm sure you will find folks willing to help you out!

- Bill

Dante7

Could anyone tell me at least a little about this?  Does it simply involve a new system or does it take a different approach to the Mythos too?

PoC

Further details are available to our Patrons (as well as audio recordings that illustrate the game in play).

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now