MOB

Chaosium's release for Free RPG Day 2018

MOB

We are pleased to show off the cover of our release for Free RPG Day, coming up in June.

SCRITCH SCRATCH is by Lynne Hardy, our associate line editor for Call of Cthulhu. It's a modern-day scenario which includes six ready-to-play investigators and a whole mess of rats. Look out for it at participating FLGSs on Free RPG Day!

Cover art is by Joel Holtzman.

scritch-scratch-front-cover.jpg

Lammomedes

Will this eventually be released as a standalone product much like last year's?

sasori

Played it at Necronomicon, and loved it!  Shame there's no FLGS near mine that's participating that I know of.

willmize

It's good that Scott Doward finally go the cover that he deserved.

I WILL be running some Call of Cthulhu at my FLGS on Free RPG Day, so maybe I can pick up a copy of this!

- Bill

carnage_lee

It's good that Scott Doward finally go the cover that he deserved.

I WILL be running some Call of Cthulhu at my FLGS on Free RPG Day, so maybe I can pick up a copy of this!

- Bill

So is that Paul and Matt he's transformed?

willmize

Hey @carnage_lee; I just noticed that you had links to The Dhole's House in your signature.

I LOVE YOUR SITE. 

If you ever do a Patreon, I will support the heck out of you and your site.

It's just wonderful.

- Bill

MOB

Will this eventually be released as a standalone product much like last year's?

Yes, as with previous years, after July the Free RPG Day release will be available from Chaosium. 

Lammomedes

Yes, as with previous years, after July the Free RPG Day release will be available from Chaosium. 

Thanks!

willmize

Do we have a release date for when this will be released as a PDF to those of us in the Cult of Chaos and want to run this on Free RPG Day?
The sooner the better! 

I've got a 5 hour block booked at my FLGS and Daddy's gotta prep!

- Bill

MOB

Do we have a release date for when this will be released as a PDF to those of us in the Cult of Chaos and want to run this on Free RPG Day?

The sooner the better! 

I've got a 5 hour block booked at my FLGS and Daddy's gotta prep!

- Bill

That's great! We will have the Scritch Scratch PDF uploaded to the Cult of Chaos Cult Library on Friday, June 8th. So there will be one week to prepare for running this at game stores.

More details here: https://www.chaosium.com/blogkeepers-needed-scritch-scratch-is-coming-soon-to-your-flgs-for-free-rpg-day

MOB

Next Saturday (June 16) is Free RPG Day! Chaosium's offering is the scenario SCRITCH SCRATCH, by our assistant Call of Cthulhu line editor Lynne Hardy. 

As Chaosium is a Free RPG Day silver sponsor, there will be at least five copies to give away in every participating store! Participating stores world-wide can be found on Free RPG Day's retailer locator.

Keepers from the Cult of Chaos will be running Scritch Scratch in FLGSs all over the world. We recently made the The PDF of the adventure and a promo poster ready to download from the Chaos Library at BRP Central

1465043655_ScreenShot2018-06-10at9_49_16pm.png.831cfeb008031bf3179edf5c746af89c.png free-rpg-day.png.42f80633c2ff7dc9110cd89d06f8940b.png

PoC

Today is Free RPG Day!

I hope everyone enjoys picking up/playing Scritch Scratch!

crazykane

Score!

Nice module.. read half through right there on the bus coming back from the store, very atmospheric if very situational..

but as intended as a quick "one off", fits the bill perfectly. Interesting group of pre-rolled, very "2018".

Very minor spoiler:

Spoiler

Have you watch "The Wicker Man" recently??

IMG_2909.JPG

nclarke

I've just got back from running it. My players roleplayed the hell out of the interaction between the wife and the producer - leading to a cat fight in the cottage. The nephew got the first sight of the bad guy and ended up scratching like mad (I thought that was the appropriate choice from the card deck). The others put loads of rubbish including the material from the storage shed in the yard into their van before even venturing out to the path to the church. Retreating into the house they became scared into staying there and then gradually various people went a little mad before setting light to the cottage and two of them getting out before Simon went back. The finale was for three of them, the producer, the sound girl and the husband to use the gas stove to try and blow the cottage up. This they did but the ceiling fell in on the two who hadn't hidden behind the sofa and the husband survived badly burned with only the cameraman getting away, slightly mad.

MOB
On 16/06/2018 at 09:32, PoC said:

Today is Free RPG Day!

I hope everyone enjoys picking up/playing Scritch Scratch!

Antipodean Free RPG Day action in Melbourne, Australia today - at Mil Sims with Keeper Pete, and Kay-Jays with Keeper Andrew, both running SCRITCH SCRATCH for Call of Cthulhu.

Madness ensued at both locations, and copies went fast.

977005048_FreeRPGDayatMilSims.jpg.49a5f7a5a1243f94a8b07cbcebaffcb0.jpg

20180616_173853.jpg.898354745501b21cad64bc034f7e45ea.jpg

If you missed out on getting Free RPG Day's SCRITCH SCRATCH, here's how you can get one (after July 1st):

https://www.chaosium.com/blogfree-rpg-day-2018-is-over-heres-how-to-get-scritch-scratch-if-you-missed-out