andreroy

Cangames 2018 (May 18-20) - Ottawa, Ontario

andreroy

Although not Lovecraft/Cthulhu specific, Ottawa will host once again it's yearly gaming convention: Cangames. It's a fun family-friendly 3 day convention with a fully volunteer staff and GMs that entertain us with Boardgames, RGGs, miniatures, etc. as well as a nice little marketplace to sell or buy stuff.

This year, I'll be running a French CoC game set in the Byzance An 800 setting where hopefully the investigator will be able to prevent the End of the World as they know it.

anthologos

This is encouraging to see. Since my move to toronto in august, I have been disappointed to find so few conventions or at least ones still active. Ottawa isnt exactly in my neighborhood, but it is good to know there are conventions happening.

I do envy all of you in the UK...so much more happening, and so much easier to get to.

Thanks too for introducing me to this French line! Very excited. My spoken French is terrible, but I can read it without much trouble, and I am writing some material set in that time period...glad to see more out there!

andreroy

I know,you're looking at a 5-6 hour drive, which isn't idea, but not too bad either.

And I agree UK and the USA has a lot more going than here. And you are welcome, I was slso very excited when I found it as I love Cthulhu Dark Ages and Cthulhu Invictus which gives us a good Age spread there. I'm really looking forward to Constantinople, a 7th edition supplement for it, which sadly has been delayed.

The_Tatterdemalion_King

This is encouraging to see. Since my move to toronto in august, I have been disappointed to find so few conventions or at least ones still active. Ottawa isnt exactly in my neighborhood, but it is good to know there are conventions happening.

Toronto's convention schedules for gaming have been pretty sparse since Pandemonium stopped, but there's a gaming track of FanExpo on labour day weekend, and Breakout coming up in March.

anthologos

Thanks for the heads-up on Breakout. Didnt know about that one...only moved here in sept, and am finding my way.

I know that i saw a few cons had become defunct, and that has perhaps colored my view.

sasori

The Montreal scene is lacking too. There have been many attempts, and there are large Comicon type cons, and smaller mini gaming cons, but RPG based events have repeatedly failed to take off.

Ottawa is much closer than Toronto, so this bears taking note! I'm happy to see East Coast Canada getting represented here!

anthologos

I wonder why that is...the UK scene in particular seems so robust, it highlights the dearth of opportunities here even more. Well, hope to encounter some of you at cons hither and yon, im any case!

CharlesWard

I'm looking to run something again this year as well. Last year I ran 'Ties that Bind'. I'm open to suggestions for adventures if anyone has any; otherwise I think I'll go through the Cult of Chaos offerings and pick something.

andreroy

I'm looking to run something again this year as well. Last year I ran 'Ties that Bind'. I'm open to suggestions for adventures if anyone has any; otherwise I think I'll go through the Cult of Chaos offerings and pick something.

Last year, was the first time I did not run anything in a whole (I usually go AD&D 1st Ed. or Indie systems). This year, I'll try something new.

Suggestion wise, maybe look into alternate era? Cthulhu Invictus, Gaslight, World War Cthulhu or even Achtung Cthulhu! could offer something interesting yet different.

CharlesWard

I ended up going with "The Idol of Thoth", just because it looks fun and I'm more comfortable with the setting. I think I'll aim for something different next year to mix things up. Thanks for the suggestions.

andreroy

That's a good plan.

The preliminary schedule is out, with more events adding regularly. So far Mythoswise we have 2 running of my CoC in Byzantium time in French and 2 running of the Yellow King RPG in English.

andreroy

Well I've sent my registration and my adventure is ready.

1 month to go before fun weekend :)