Sign in to follow this  
LarsKjaer

So...my players joined MI-12

LarsKjaer

During their latest mission my players, a 90s team of FBI agents operating on the fringes of Delta Green, decided that their best way forward was to join the sinister conspiracy they had been investigating in order to learn more and find out if they really are the bad guys their handlers have let on... This is going to be a lot of fun and, interestingly, will align our campaign, based on the old Delta Green, much more with the new version of the setting. Besides the new handler's manual I was wondering if you guys had any ideas about scenarios/other ressources focusing on the power and corruption of a big governmental conspiracy like this? Delta Green/Cthulluh/other?

Many thanks!

Lars

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Along the lines of "Holding Cell," you could take some SCP posts and place the PCs in the role of containment management staff. 

Travern

The Laundry RPG from Cubicle 7 has plenty of raw material in its setting and scenarios for a fully operational government conspiracy, although since their CoC license expired, you'll have to move fast to buy the last few copies on Amazon.

And The Black Chamber, Stross's US counterpart to The Laundry, makes MJ-12 look like the Agricultural Statistics Service.  For more info on them, see their write-up in the thoroughly recommend God Game Black supplement.

(For a moment, I thought this was going to be a question about Military Intelligence Section 12, which in a Mythos-conspiracy world, would have considerable influence as the department overseeing censorship.  Imagine a post-WWII setting in which it incorporated the more sinister aspects of the Ministry of Information when it was disbanded and is now devoted to detecting and then concealing the existence of Lovecraftian horrors.)

LarsKjaer

Thanks guys! Those are great pointers - I've ordered a copy of God Game Black - they sound awesome!

Also, Travern, that would be a great setting!

nclarke

Might be an issue with that as C7 have given up the licence that allowed them to publish BRP material along with other Call of Cthulhu material so unless the God Game Black is from a third party bookstore or FLGS you might be out of luck.