willmize

Extended Campaign for C'thulhu Gaslight?

willmize

I'm getting ready to run something from Stygian Fox's "Hudson and Brand" and my gaming group has really taken a shine to playing in Victorian London.

I think that I could sell them on something greater than a one or two shot.

Is there a quality extended campaign available for this era, with time specific flavor?
All the high visibility big daddy scenarios seem to be for the 1920's.

Thanks in advance!

- Bill

nclarke

Pagan's Golden Dawn is THE Gaslight era campaign but is OOP and goes for big money when it comes up of any web store (£70 - 121 on Amazon UK)

I've run the scenarios in the Chaosium  publication Sacraments of Evil and those are reasonable and could be linked.

willmize

Thank you for responding, I appreciate it!
And yes, a cursory glance at eBay here in the US definitely confirms your "big money" statement.

OTOH, there is a French edition going for much less.  Curse my parents for not making me learn a second language! :)

Unfortunately, Sacraments of Evil isn't that far behind when it comes to cost.
Looks like I'll have to do some snooping around and hope for a reasonable "Buy It Now" and grab one of them while I can!

Thank you again!

- Bill

Gaffer

Horror on the Orient Express doesn't seem too difficult to adapt to Gaslight.

boulash

I've just finished playing through "Tatters of the King" (so I don't have a keeper's perspective on it) and it seems reasonably easy to play 30 years earlier.

I guess the most difficult part would be to explain how the stones were moved, but it should be doable with a bit of historical engineering research.

GBSteve

The Curse of Nineveh has nothing much in it to suggest it needs to be 1920s. Just change a few dates.

Travern

Sadly it’s just an image rather than the original text document. I’ll ask Kevin if he still has a copy (unless he sees this thread and saves me the work...)

That's odd - my web browser (Safari OS X) loads a 13-page PDF from that link. Did yours show only the first page?  (The Internet Archive can be a bit arbitrary about hosting files like images or PDFs on its page caches, but it's always worth a try on dead links.)

willmize

That's odd - my web browser (Safari OS X) loads a 13-page PDF from that link. Did yours show only the first page?  (The Internet Archive can be a bit arbitrary about hosting files like images or PDFs on its page caches, but it's always worth a try on dead links.)

I'm with Travern; I was able to download the entire 13 page PDF from the link that they had provided earlier.

Thank you to everyone that responded, I appreciate it!

I've gots of starting points and lots of options.

- Bill

WinstonP

That's odd - my web browser (Safari OS X) loads a 13-page PDF from that link. Did yours show only the first page? (The Internet Archive can be a bit arbitrary about hosting files like images or PDFs on its page caches, but it's always worth a try on dead links.)

I was able to view the file only once I saved the image. Strange, but more glad it’s still out there.

nclarke

Using Chrome the link immediately opened as a pdf and allowed me to download it.