MajorIncident

Mythosia - An iPhone App to store your Investigators - Shameless plug

MajorIncident

Calling all iPhone carrying, Yog-Sothoth subscribers. This is a shameless plug for the IOS App I have just released on the App Store.

It goes something like this:

"Mythosia - Store all your CoC Investigators in one place, character stats, skills and weapons all at the tip of your finger.

Record game notes, possessions, backstory and spell information with ease.

With Weapons linked directly to Skills adding a new weapon to the list is seamless with accurately calculated skill rolls, including halves and fifths."

PoC

Thanks for the heads-up!

Mythosia - By Taylored Integration Solutions (£1.99)

mythosia-iphone-app-screenshots.jpg

Out of interest is this a licensed app? The screenshot in the app. store seems to show Call of Cthulhu 1st-6th edition style stats (which would suggest not)? If it isn't and you haven't done so already it's probably worthwhile just dropping Chaosium a line and checking out their licensing policies.

MajorIncident

The stats are 7th edition as taken from the 7th Edition rules, I have sent several emails to Chaosium and and beyond the question of which game system I was building an app for I have had nothing in response around licensing.

MikeM

The stats are 7th edition as taken from the 7th Edition rules, I have sent several emails to Chaosium and and beyond the question of which game system I was building an app for I have had nothing in response around licensing.

I'm not aware of any emails arriving at Chaosium - can you please email me - mike@chaosium.com - and let me know which address you have been using.

You will require a license for this product.

Many thanks.

MajorIncident

I have emailed as requested. 

Thanks

maccwerk

Love the idea and the look from the pics! Immediately purchased ($1.99 USD on App Store)...but cannot get the app to open on any of my devices. Flashes on the title screen for a second, then drops me back to my home screen. Tried rebooting, reinstalling, etc.

I'm updated with the latest iOS as of today (11.2.2).

Anyone have any luck getting this app to run? Any advise?

MajorIncident

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, one of the testers reported this last night just after my post. We have corrected the problem and a new version was uploaded this morning. 1.4 is awaiting approval by Apple at the moment and as soon as it is approved it will be released. 

maccwerk

That's great to hear! I'll keep an eye out for the updated version.

russintexas

This doesn't seem to be available any longer in the US App Store. Please let us know when it's available again / when licensing has been resolved. I'm very interested!

MajorIncident

I am pleased to report that the App is back in the App Store, in other brilliant news I am in talks with Chaosium about licensing which means every copy sold generates revenue for them so that they can continue the amazing work they do.

MajorIncident

The latest version of Mythosia is available on the Apple App Store, now with iPad Support.

MOB
18 hours ago, MajorIncident said:

The latest version of Mythosia is available on the Apple App Store, now with iPad Support.

I would just like to assure everyone that Mythosia is indeed an official and proper Chaosium licensee - Mike (and I) just needed to put 2 + 2 together and connect new YSDC member MajorIncident with the particular app.

MOB - Chaosium Inc.

JeffMindlin

It’s a nice idea. But I find it very awkward to input the % in the skills. Can this be improved? 

MajorIncident

Awkward how, is it the use of the stepper control? I could look at making the field editable which would allow you to enter the value directly, would this help?

JeffMindlin
43 minutes ago, MajorIncident said:

Awkward how, is it the use of the stepper control? I could look at making the field editable which would allow you to enter the value directly, would this help?

Yes, I think that would help a lot 😀. On my iPhone it’s very difficult to step - mostly doesn’t register and it seems random whether it steps tens or units - is there a system to this? I couldn’t work it out. 

I may have failed my int roll of course...

MajorIncident

The Stepper Control is an Apple control, it's behaviour is as with other controls. I am looking at changing the text field to accept input and display the keyboard, which might solve your problem. 

If you send me your email address I can add you to TestFlight which will be you can test it before I roll it out to everyone. 

Thanks

JeffMindlin

Taken offline.

46 minutes ago, MajorIncident said:

The Stepper Control is an Apple control, it's behaviour is as with other controls. I am looking at changing the text field to accept input and display the keyboard, which might solve your problem. 

Works very well on my iPad. On iPhone (se) it’s tricky. 

JeffMindlin
On 11/01/2019 at 11:54, MajorIncident said:

Thanks, you’ve fixed that problem. 

Very cool. This is brilliant. Works great. 

Very useful app. 

jansilence

I can’t seem to find it in the app store. It’s not available outside the US?

DadsAngry

It's not showing up in the U.S. app store.

JeffMindlin

Where do we give feedback?

I have found a number of issues:

In the new fields where you can enter attribute scores it only stores them if imputed from the click +-  if I input a number direct it doesn’t save and reverts to 15.

Other languages cannot be specified. I wanted to add two at different scores. 

There should be an “add skill” option. I’m playing an espionage based game and want to add a “tradecraft” skill. This stops me from using app in an actual game. 

MajorIncident

The app is available in UK, Europe and US. 

The search terms are not always picked up in the App Store, have you tried searching for Mythosia?

jansilence

Got it! Thanks. 

DadsAngry

I found it. I need to update my phone. The app is for iOS 12. 

MajorIncident
14 hours ago, JeffMindlin said:

In the new fields where you can enter attribute scores it only stores them if imputed from the click +-  if I input a number direct it doesn’t save and reverts to 15.

I have tested this against the latest version on TestFlight and I cannot reproduce the problem. Have you gone into TestFlight and updated the app?

Other languages cannot be specified. I wanted to add two at different scores. - I will look into this. 

There should be an “add skill” option. I’m playing an espionage based game and want to add a “tradecraft” skill. This stops me from using app in an actual game. - I will add this to the feature list. 

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now