PoC

nameless [YSDC RPG]

PoC

Nameless_Logo.jpg

In the summer of 2017 we released our *entire* back catalogue of recorded Call of Cthulhu games, free, for everyone, forever. We also promised something more in the future and that's what's happening now with our tabletop games. After some 15 years of recorded roleplaying we're trying something different, our own adventures (mostly), using our own system(ish).

nameless

nameless is a very simple, rules-lite Lovecraftian RPG system that uses six-sided dice or coins as the primary resolution mechanic. Basic character creation is fast and flexible with an emphasis on the game at the table (rather than the game in a rulebook).

As of writing the nameless system is in alpha, but if you're a Patron of Yog-Sothoth you can hear the recordings of game play as they happen at our table ("warts and all"). The focus is on the...

stepping-stone-phasing-spider-02.jpg

Scenarios

Our first outing is with a newly created adventure, Stepping Stone, set in the British Isles in 1917 and run by me. The full recording of Stepping Stone (along with associated media files) is available exclusively to Patrons.

If you're a site supporter, pick them up now, and look out for further adventures in the new and coming years...

Released in binaural surround sound evolved from an Ambisonic master.

dce

Hi Paul,

Great news about "nameless" -- are you folks planning on releasing the rules themselves? If so, under what license?

Long may the Lovecraftian antics continue from that cursed table.

Dean (from Adelaide)

PoC

Thank you!

I've no firm plans for release at the moment. The system is still under development and will likely end up in just private circulation.

tjgreenway

Exciting times, and just the nudge I think I needed to see me sign up as a Patron for the New Year!

CthulhuBob

My tentacles quiver in slimy anticipation. I very much hope to have a copy of the rules.

Mograg

Hi Paul,

Could you share details about your new 'Nameless' rpg system with we forum lurkers?  Will it eventually be formalized for distribution or sale?  

Curious minds want to know!  

Cheers,

- Brian C.

PoC

Hi Brian, thanks for the interest!

There has been some information about it in a few of our podcasts previously (News from Pnakotus and The Cthulhu Breakfast Club) and there is a dedicated thread for nameless in The Silver Lodge - which is where more details will appear as it develops.

I can say that we're currently having a rather jolly time with it. :-)

PoC

With the completion of "Bigsby" the IHP have moved onto another @Karloff scenario kindly written for us, The Long Con.

Sidney Pryce wants the protagonists' help to set up a Big Store, to sucker a rich American into thinking he's buying into a Burnt Auction. The rewards, Pryce promises, are incalculable; but...

YSDC Patrons can pick up the first instalment of the recording as well as the PDF version of the scenario.

For those wondering about the name of our home system, yes, nameless is the official and set title. ;-)

PoC

The concluding part of The Long Con is now out for Yoggie Patrons.

- and I also wanted to highlight some of the wonderful sketches that resident site artist @WaynePeters has been doing for us. They really add an extra dimension! Thanks Wayne. 😀

nameless-sketches-by-wayne-peters.jpg

WaynePeters

I don't know about 'resident' but I am rather enjoying knocking them out and will continue to do so - time permitting - and I'm glad that folks seem to be enjoying them despite the silliness.

I really MUST fix that bloody nameless logo, though. It's driving me mad! :D

PoC

More nameless artwork by @WaynePeters, this time NPC sketches from our latest adventure, The Manderley Mysteries!

nameless-manderley-mysteries-npc-collage.jpg