Beyond14

Forks from the campaign/scenario book, At Your Door

Beyond14

I'm still hunting for a cheap copy of this book.

Vague hints I've seen about ''the Forks'' intrigue me. Can anyone provide a summary? 

yronimoswhateley

I'm afraid I've never had any contact with this scenario and didn't know much about it, so I can't answer the question for certain, but, if it helps, the YSDC wiki has a description of the campaign and links to reviews and descriptions of its scenarios:  (link)

There are also at least a couple descriptions in the YSDC forums that might or might not clarify things:  (link), and especially (link) and its replies.

Reading between the lines, I get the impression that "the Forks"...

...are an armed homeless/environmentalist activist group led by child messiah that serve as an ally of the investigators, though they are described as "useless" by at least one commentator, and is one of several bits of the campaign that folks have recommended staying away from; the appeal of the group may be a your-mileage-may-vary situation.

mvincent

Can anyone provide a summary? 

The Forks is a group of hobos (and others that have sworn off material wealth) based in the California bay area and organized around a seemingly wise child in the late 80's. Mostly Harmless... though a mob of homeless people brandishing silverware and shouting "Forks, Forks Forks!" can be intimidating.

Beyond14

The Forks is a group of hobos (and others that have sworn off material wealth) based in the California bay area and organized around a seemingly wise child in the late 80's. Mostly Harmless... though a mob of homeless people brandishing silverware and shouting "Forks, Forks Forks!" can be intimidating.

Hobos...

I might rework the concept for a 1920s game.