Sign in to follow this  
KnygathinZhaum

Masks Companion Content in the New (2018) Edition of MoN?

MikeM

Sweet! And now please talk more about how MoN is going to be ready in PDF form any day now.... ;-)

Masks is coming on  - we are the middle of receiving various art commissions. While we are still aiming for a PDF release before the end of the year, it is important to us (and you) to get it right no matter the timing.

KnygathinZhaum

Of course, of course. And I wouldn't want it any other way. Just excited and antsy is all. 

KnygathinZhaum

Hey Mike!

Can you confirm/deny that this new edition of Masks might contain goodies from the recent "Masks Companion"?

I could have swore that I read that somewhere, but wanted to really make sure, seeing as I don't have a copy :)

Thanks!

- Bill

Pretty sure the Companion was written without knowledge of the new edition in mind and the new edition without the Companion in mind. I've heard Mike talk about it a few places...I think he discusses it here?

https://armchairadventurerblog.com/2017/10/20/episode-16-part-1-more-call-of-cthulhu-with-mike-mason/

willmize

Pretty sure the Companion was written without knowledge of the new edition in mind and the new edition without the Companion in mind. I've heard Mike talk about it a few places...I think he discusses it here?

https://armchairadventurerblog.com/2017/10/20/episode-16-part-1-more-call-of-cthulhu-with-mike-mason/

That's a bummer, but what can ya do?

I'm going to run it after the new edition comes out, but with Pulp C'thulhu rules and the players are going to be Doc Savage, The Shadow, The Spider, Green Hornet types, traveling for the most part, as their secret identity.

CAN'T. WAIT.

- Bill

PoC

Hey Mike!

Can you confirm/deny that this new edition of Masks might contain goodies from the recent "Masks Companion"?

From having talked to Mike during September's Cthulhu Breakfast Club, my undertanding is that the new edition of Masks contains no material from the Companion whatsoever. The only thing taken is the idea of clue flowcharts.

- but obviously, Mike is the best to confirm.

mvincent

I'd hazard to guess that the new MoN is based on the updated French version: which has *incredible* graphics, pictures and handouts... but I don't believe the content was really changed. As such: the MoN Companion will be just as useful, but not integrated.

csmithadair

I'd hazard to guess that the new MoN is based on the updated French version: which has *incredible* graphics, pictures and handouts... but I don't believe the content was really changed. As such: the MoN Companion will be just as useful, but not integrated.

They may very well have taken inspiration from the French version, but the new version from Chaosium has a whole new writing team of English worthies involved. I've heard there's at least one new scenario, a prequel to the campaign, set in Peru (if I'm remembering correctly).