Helen

Secret Shoggoth XII

Aries04

In a fit of madness, my family thought a strange box on our porch was one of many gifts purchased for me. Over the coming days, the gift became less familiar as each hour passed, until, at once, my wife tells me, "This isn't from me, I don't know who it's from. Also, it's a bit...strange."

Must be my Secret Shoggoth. I'm waiting to plumb its eldritch depths until the time is right, but thank you in advance from the darker trails of Texas.

fluffy

Thanks be to you Secret Shoggoth.

Your blessing has arrived.

I will await the allotted time, and then oh what a surprise for the friends I'm with at Shoggmas.

Munchezuma

I received a mysterious postcard followed by two wonderful gifts from my Secret Shoggoth! Thank you very much! I'll snap a picture and post shortly.

GBSteve

My package has arrived and when the star is right I shall open it.

Mysterioso
On 17/12/2017 at 01:07, Mysterioso said:

Today I received from a package from South America (odd the return address was for a river rather than a country). Within was a collection of Boris Karloff films. Thanks as wide as that river to my SS. I very much look forward to watching these films on the 25th of December.

Mysterioso

Today I also received a wonderful octopoid ornament for my tree! I wish I could post a picture to show it off.

PoC

If you have a picture you can post it!

pifpog

Oh most wondrous of Secret Shoggoths,

On the coldest day of the year I opened your package and my heart grew warm at your generosity. The illustrations in the Shadow Out of Time are striking and I look forward to reading the accompanying essays. Then you went still further in your squamous sack to pull for The Starry Wisdom Library, a book I've had my eye on for nigh onto two years.

Thanks again and the most sacred of solstices to you and yours.

Mysterioso

Today I also received a wonderful octopoid ornament for my tree! I wish I could post a picture to show it off.

I'm sure it is obvious but I simply can not find the way to insert a picture from my digital camera.

PoC

1. Download the picture to your computer.

2. Start YSDC post > More Reply Options.
  3. Attach Files (Choose File) > Attach This File [begins upload].
  4. Add to post.
  5. Post message.

Mysterioso

post-5648-0-83408200-1514136516_thumb.jpg

This is my wonderful octopoid ornament from my SS.

On 24/12/2017 at 17:23, PoC said:
  • Download the picture to your computer.
  • Start YSDC post > More Reply Options.
  • Attach Files (Choose File) > Attach This File [begins upload].
  • Add to post.
  • Post message.

Thanks for the walk through! Best holiday wishes!

Judgetrev

Thank you Secret Shoggoth! You did an excellent job this year. I was so pleased​ to be passing around an eyeball in a specimen jar to my in-laws while they were thanking each other for the socks and what not. A real excellent assortment of curious goods. Thanks again!

post-16429-0-80417700-1514185019_thumb.jpg

FreddieF

Many thanks, Shoggoth. I will serve my new masters well...

post-13991-0-88960000-1514188513_thumb.jpeg

fluffy

Strange but true.

My home is opposite a hill with woods on. The council are going to build homes on this hillside, currently I am protected from the hill by a 20ft stone wall and the stream from the hill runs under my house. My insurance is up to date so I confidently await landslips and disasters.

I was intrigued as to the current owner of the hill and the history of the hill and woods so I have been investigating the annals of the area at the local history section of the library, turning up many unusual tales.

Shoggoth must have been feeding from the memories of these tales as my secret shoggoth gift is a truly remarkable game scenario set in - My Neighbourhood.

The echoes of the stories I've read and the pictures of the locale are mind-blowingly familiar.

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

This is a truly marvellous, wonderful present. I much appreciate the research, imagination, time and sheer hard work put into this.

I am not worthy. Thanks O shoggoth

. . . and yes I would like the PDF please.

Hugs

On 25/12/2017 at 07:55, FreddieF said:

Many thanks, Shoggoth. I will serve my new masters well...

I predict that you will so love this.

On 25/12/2017 at 06:57, Judgetrev said:

Thank you Secret Shoggoth! You did an excellent job this year. I was so pleased​ to be passing around an eyeball in a specimen jar to my in-laws while they were thanking each other for the socks and what not. A real excellent assortment of curious goods. Thanks again!

Almost worth getting myself an eyeball in a jar for next year

DrDarkspeed

Thank you secret Shoggoth for my sanity-blasting selection of festive treats: "Mr. Cthulhu's colouring book & necronomicon of sunny day doings", "A Christmas Cthulhu" and "Cthulhu Cymraeg"! Thank you once again!

GBSteve

post-117-0-88945000-1514212802_thumb.jpg

Lovely, lovely ephemera, a spiritualist magazine and a newspaper, as well as an effigy of the Big C to melt in my personal ceremonies. Thanks so much kind and wise Shoggie!

AdamAlexander

Thank you Secret Shoggoth! This will help me identify these entities before they rip away the last shreds of my sanity. Merry Yithmas and may Great Cthulhu eat you last...or first...or whatever order you prefer. 

post-8850-0-80296900-1514213491_thumb.jpg

PoC

Oh Secret Shoggoth! The appointed time came and I eagerly accepted your gift!

secret-shogoth-12-2017-poc.jpg

Thou art sensitive to my proclivities, and such a magisterial endowment! These shall be truly savoured through the year.

Thank you Secret Shoggoth!  :8E:

Aries04

Truely beautiful work. Better than I could have hoped. Thank you.

post-15709-0-76497300-1514264242_thumb.jpeg

post-15709-0-99162800-1514264253_thumb.jpeg

ClarenceColeman

I am grateful to my generous, talented S-S for a trunkful of goodies. From 1920's music to paperbacks, stickers, Necro'Con17, RPG rulebooks, to vintage dice games, oh and a bobble head, it all came packaged early in a illustrated box. I sat with it patiently for weeks, opening it on my birthday which happens to fall in Christmas. I am impressed. Thank you.

post-4819-0-13803300-1514302232_thumb.jpgpost-4819-0-63315500-1514302288_thumb.jpg

WinstonP

am grateful to my generous, talented S-S for a trunkful of goodies. From 1920's music to paperbacks, stickers, Necro'Con17, RPG rulebooks, to vintage dice games, oh and a bobble head, it all came packaged early in a illustrated box. I sat with it patiently for weeks, opening it on my birthday which happens to fall in Christmas. I am impressed. Thank you.

I recognize that handwriting and generous profusion of swag... they were my Sec Shoggoth in a past year and you might see more surprises in the future. Cool stuff.

carnage_lee

At the appointed time the seals on the blue sparkly bag were removed and a tome detailing scenes of horror and mystery was brought forth!

A huuuge thank you to my Secret Shoggoth, who gifted me a copy of Brian Coldrick's 'Behind You. This book is filled with vignettes of a spooky scene with a small couplet on the opposite page giving a little detail on what is/could be happening... it's awesome, full of creepy ideas!

Here's a couple of pics.

The cover:

Inside pages:

gabrielconnor

A mysterious package arrived at my doorstep

post-1308-0-11303900-1514462375_thumb.jpg

Inside there was an ominous warning....

post-1308-0-07735400-1514462424_thumb.jpg

What could this be.....

post-1308-0-32779600-1514462455_thumb.jpg

Oh my Gods the horror!!!

post-1308-0-89275100-1514462492_thumb.jpg

Thank you secret Shoggoth for my gifties and for the effort in presentation! I had a blast unwrapping this!!!

post-1308-0-31326800-1514462557_thumb.jpg

PS: Not appearing in any pictures, but the small box contained an AWESOME MU Coffee Mug!!!!

Mysterioso

A belated "Thank you!" to Helen for organizing and administering Secret Shoggoth XII.

carpocratian

I received an extraordinarily nice gift from my Secret Shoggoth, and hope to get some pictures up tomorrow.  I apologize for the lateness of my response - we have been dealing with a house full of sick people (including me) for more than a week now, and I'm just starting to stir again.

CthulhuBob

Oh Secret One! My gift has arrived and you may color me tentacled, er tickled pink. This will provide much entertainment and madness as I gain revelation of the mysteries of the cosmos by having their hues from beyond (or colors out of space) revealed to me!

post-2384-0-82123700-1515061409_thumb.jpg

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now