Helen

Secret Shoggoth XII

AdamAlexander

Hello Secret Shoggoth! I’m happy with pretty much anything, but I already own all CoC 7th books and duplicates of some, so you might want to steer away from those. Looking forward to whatever you send.

Merry Yithmas!

Adam

fluffy

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I have been very squamous all year and fully deserve your sending me that which is due.

I love hand maid, sorry made, things.

A nice story or goings on at your gaming table would be nice.

I am not a very girly cultist so dolls, even with pins in are right out.

Foul fiends may be acceptable, as long as there are binding and dispelling instructions as well.

Last year you sent me a box, if you must do that again please let me know in advance to keep it closed unless I actually need a hound of Tindaloss to guard me. It was difficult to explain what happened at the family party to the police.

A nice comestible of the region you are dwelling in at the moment would be awesome, be aware that the post office reserve the right to refuse things that smell too bad or are on fire.

That's about it.

Hugs and ftathgn

AdamAlexander

Thanks, Secret Shoggoth! I will wait to open this on Yithmas.

post-8850-0-62411600-1511991840_thumb.jpeg

PoC

A quick note about an unexpected issue:

A couple of years ago the HPLHS started up their own festive mystery gift exchange, also called "Secret Shoggoth", all well-and-good except we have since discovered that as some generous folks now take part in both (and with both events having the same name), when a gift arrives that says "From your Secret Shoggoth" or similar, the recipient doesn't know if it's from their YSDC or HPLHS sender (and so where to send appropriate thanks).

Due to the current potential for confusion, if you haven't already sent your gift this year, adding "YSDC Secret Shoggoth" or "Secret Shoggoth XII" etc. would greatly help in alleviating any confusion. I've dropped the HPLHS a note about it as well.

Again, an issue we hadn't anticipated!

carpocratian

Secret Shoggoth o' mine;

I'm easy.  I have the 7th edition rules, but none of the other things that have come out for that edition.  I love handmade things, decorations, and just about anything else.  I'm just excited to be participating.

Thanks!

FreddieF

Flurries of snow and a gift from my Secret Shoggoth arrived this week. It was encased, as all good tomes should be, in red cloth.

I await the appointed time, when the stars are right, to open it and obtain the arcane secrets that I am sure it contains. Many thanks, Shoggoth, whoever you are!

post-13991-0-93379400-1512169716_thumb.jpeg

pifpog

Oh most secret of shoggoths,

I am sure whatever gift you select for me will fill my heart with fear and joy in equal measure.

Gifts crafted by your hands, paws, tentacles will be welcome. A token of where your lair resides would be well received, although I will not be opening your package until the holiday.

If a list is helpful, I have most of the mainstream CoC and ToC books so the current vacancies on my shelf are off the beaten track - https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/26NVWFUN6GLWH?&sort=default

your most grateful recipient,

carnage_lee

A very big thank-you to my Secret Shoggoth for my gift which arrived this evening, delivered by a member of the 'Amazon Cult'.

I shall wait till the stars are right before I open up the sparkling bag; as is correct and proper.

SecretShoggothXII[1]

SecretShoggothXII[2]

Helen

Hi everyone, a lot of gifts are flying via Shoggoth around the world. Just a reminder that gifts are due, um, Friday 9th December. Obviously, it's actually the 8th today, so let's say it should be by end of tomorrow- Saturday 9th.

I've heard from 18 of you, but that leaves 15 people I haven't heard from. At least one person has sent but not told me (I know because your recipient had received).

Sorry to nag, but this process is so much easier if you communicate with me.

Thanks!

pifpog

thank you, oh most secret of Shoggoths.   I look forward to opening your gift from Beyond!*

* Beyond = Virginia

IMG_2079.jpg

joerg73

Oh dear Secret One,

I received communications via a strange and alien looking method - which sounds more like one of those modern fast food places - which foretold me that forbidden knowledge is being delivered to my "inbox".

I will need to study this further and hope I will keep my sanity in the process.

Even if not, I thank you very much for your gift and also have a great Christmas yourself!

Joerg

Chad Out of Space

Dear Secret! 

I have received my lovely gifts and am very happy with all of them! The bestiary is sublime, and of course the others are right to my taste. And what a card! I see myself in that image somehow... 

I sense we have met somewhere, no? 

Hope you have an excellent holiday!

Rookery

Thank you Secret Shoggoth. I heard the slithering of tentacles on the roof, the whisper of leathery wings and the stockings filled with something.

rSSg94M.jpg

Thank you so much for this Betty worthy hamper of treats. Worthy of any a weary and SAN drained investigator.

(Opened early due to the stern 'To ensure freshness open and gorge immediately' warning'

Many thanks and have a squamous Xmas and new year!

PoC

Thank you oh Secret Shoggoth! My gift from your divine protuberances has reached me, but it is guarded until the appointed time.

Soon! Soon!

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth....

secret-shoggoth-12-gift.jpg

Karloff

Hello Shoggoth!

Package received. Many thanks! It looks like a lot of fun. ;)

Lammomedes

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

Your literary gifts arrived in fine fettle and await some downtime for me to read, peruse and steal ideas from.

Thank you!

BillyBones

A most wonderful tentacled gift arrived cloaked in deft wrapping. Mayhaps the joyous occasion may be too far off to enjoy it's wondrous innards.

A hearty and gracious thank you to my Secret Shoggoth! 

Galbraith

I received in the post a few days ago the following mysterious parcel in a mailing envelope:

post-15985-0-62990600-1513303495_thumb.jpg

Inside, another parcel:

post-15985-0-06784000-1513303541_thumb.jpg

And another:

post-15985-0-78703200-1513303563_thumb.jpg

Until finally, a most mysterious of gifts, seemingly purloined from an evidence locker, with a haunting note:

post-15985-0-41775800-1513303611_thumb.jpg

post-15985-0-11347600-1513303630_thumb.jpg

Many thanks, Secret Shoggoth, for an intriguing surprise in the mail! Happy Solstice!

Fin

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

My gifts have arrived safely,

An intriguing small chest with an accompanying letter and telegram, and a wrapped parcel.

I shall save these for Christmas.

My sincerest thanks to my Secret Shoggoth,

I remain a grateful Shoggee!

SacredSpud

Dearest Secret Shoggoth,

The fat man (Y'golonac, not Santa) is going to have a difficult time living up to your standards!  I'm quite enjoying the blasphemous tome (well, "enjoying" might be the wrong word, but you know what I mean), and did you peruse my Amazon Wishlist?  I've a sneaking suspicion that you did not, but The Arcanum has been on it for years.

I'll uh, save the virility bone for an occasion when I need a... virility bone.

The scariest of solstices to you and yours.

Mysterioso

Today I received from a package from South America (odd the return address was for a river rather than a country).  Within was a collection of Boris Karloff films.  Thanks as wide as that river to my SS.  I very much look forward to watching these films on the 25th of December.

Mysterioso

Helen

Good to see all the Shoggoths have been hard at work. But there are three of you I have't heard from. I've sent messages but would appreciate a prompt reply. Thanks!

CthulhuBob

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I assume that we share similar interests. I can't think of anything specific. Just get something that you would rather keep than send to me!

I have the 2 movies made by the HPLHS, and the Brotherhood of the Beast audio drama, plus what you see here.

Have a great Holiday and thank you,

Trev

Mine is YSDC. (See POC's post about the unexpected issue.)

BenMund

Just received an incredibly well though-out Secret Shoggoth gift!  Reproductions of shamanic sculptures complete with related game materials and scanned period books! Fantastic! Thank you!

talleryrand
Dear Secret Shoggie, 

I just received your present containing many arcane items, from the depths of the sea via Captain Obed Marsh. 

From one small drop in the ocean (Bermuda) to one larger drop in the ocean (Australia), your gift arrived using a messaging device from a non-Euclidean space, full of fearful writings, recordings from beyond, and much more.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you.

Best Regards,

Talleryrand/David

post-6798-0-75865500-1513907819_thumb.jpg