MOB

Petersen's Abominations - heading into layout...

MOB

Look what's next to head into layout... Petersen's Abominations: Five Epic Tales of Modern Horror for Call of Cthulhu.

Features "The Derelict" from last year's Free RPG Day (with all-new layout and art), and four more never-published-before scenarios from the devious mind of Sandy Petersen himself, creator of Call of Cthulhu, ably assisted by line editor and putative Mr Shiny, Mike Mason.

For release in Q1 next year.

post-2-0-59139500-1509794812_thumb.jpg

Tony Williams

Although I love the cover picture ( Mike and Sandy on the screens is hysterical ) it seems more reminiscent of the mid 80s than now - cathode ray monitors and the choice of font.

mvincent

Although I love the cover picture ( Mike and Sandy on the screens is hysterical ) it seems more reminiscent of the mid 80s than now - cathode ray monitors and the choice of font.

Good eye, and well said. I too like it (for those reasons).

Indeed, thanks to Stranger Things and overall love of the 80's - I believe CoC could do well with an 80's sourcebook, or simply republishing their first modern scenarios as retro 80's.

willmize

Good eye, and well said. I too like it (for those reasons).

Indeed, thanks to Stranger Things and overall love of the 80's - I believe CoC could do well with an 80's sourcebook, or simply republishing their first modern scenarios as retro 80's.

If we're voting, I'd like to throw mine toward a deep revisit of The Atomic Age. I think that the 50's are WOEFULLY under-represented when it comes to Call of C'thulhu.

- Bill

MOB

The PDF release is now out.

Petersen's Abominations

We'll be setting up a "tribal edit" thread over on BRP Central for any additional typos, and then sending the book to print in about two weeks. The hardback will be available in Q1 next year.

But as with all new releases from Chaosium, there's no need to wait for the hardback—if you purchase the PDF now we'll send you a discount coupon that offsets the PDF purchase price once the hardcover version is available.

Cheers - MOB, Chaosium Inc.

KnygathinZhaum

Purchased. Stoked. Thanks for your continued A+ work, fellas!

crazykane

Bought. Impressive stuff!! Especially for the diversity of the scenarios.

Tony Williams

Lovely artwork