Sign in to follow this  
gabrielconnor

Scenarios involving (nyarlathotep) cults?

gabrielconnor

So I am looking for a scenario to incorporate into my current pre-campaign before I kick off MoN.

I started with Edge of Darkness and created a 2nd part were a cult was after the sarcophagus. That led my players to New Orleans were they discovered a Nyarlathotep cult that they thwarted. Now I am looking for ideas for another cult scenario to tie it all together begin Masks after.

So any scenarios involving cults that I could incorporate into my campaign?

Taavi

The MoN Companion has a prequel scenario featuring Jackson Elias. Including Jackson is whatever you run is recommended, so the Investigators are more motivated to avenge his death.

gabrielconnor

I have already introduced Jackson Elias and the players have already saved him from the clutches of the new orleans cult.

The_Tatterdemalion_King

"Crystal of Chaos" in House of R'lyeh is a scenario adaption of "Haunter of the Dark." 

Dante7

Would I be awful for suggesting the Nocturnum campaign?  It doesn't focus on a Nyarlathotep cult but one does weave in and out of the campaign and Nyarly himself appears in a non-hostile role, along with a previously unseen servitor race of his.  

gabrielconnor

Crystal of chaos and nocturnum! Will look both of them up!

Dante7

Crystal of chaos and nocturnum! Will look both of them up!

Nocturnum gets some criticism, but I quite like it.  For one thing, most of the creatures  who appear in it are entirely unique to the campaign so experienced players may still find themselves as mystified as most of the characters.  It deals with a conspiracy run by a race spawned by Azathoth (all of which can take unique forms- they're also introduced gradually enough that the players won't know about the conspiracy, or even that these things are the same race, until later), a comet, and a small group of aliens who can take human form.  Nyar's cult may end up helping the investigators because they want to know what's going on and the new race is previously unknown even to most mythos forces. They're aided by a servitor race of shapeshifters. There's also surreal strangeness involving imprisoned mythological deities and a new dreamlands monster goddess. 

gabrielconnor

After a bit of research and having gone over everyone's suggestions I have decided to go a different route. I will be adapting the scenario "Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home" from The Things We Leave Behind, to the 1920's. It's gonna be challenging because a lot of the scenario clues are based on modern day technology but I feel I can pull it off.

Has anyone run this scenario in the 1920's that could offer some insight?