Dabbler

Innsmouth tiara.

Dabbler

I have extremely strange and cantankerous views on Lovecraftian art, but this struck me as exceptionally well done, though quite different from my own conception (which owed a great deal to the ''horizontal'', i.e. with the horns visible from the front, not one covering the other, forms of the Christian mitre, as engraved in the Britannica).

http://www.siamorama.com/lovecraft/nhs.htm

I wonder what other people would think. I find it both unsettling and queerly mesmerising and unpleasant to look at -- a strange effect certainly, and possibly my own overwrought mind.

ElijahWhateley

I suspect that some parts of that image might have started life as microscope photography.

Nick Storm

I'm interested in the website.

Dabbler

I suspect that some parts of that image might have started life as microscope photography.

Yes -- is the central peak a pennate diatom? The rosettes look suspiciously as if they were made up out of photographs of  A. pellucida or P. angulatum. In any case many thanks.