Roguewind

Down Darker Trails - Guns

Roguewind

I'm partway through reading Down Darker Trails and was wondering if anyone could recommend a source for some more handguns.

In the book there is an example on page 46, where the hero's handgun can shoot up to 3 times a turn.  However, none of the handguns listed in the weapons table can shoot more than once.  I've posted this in the Chaosium's correction thread but I suspect that any corrections will be out after I plan to run a game (and I suspect my players may like the option to shoot more than once at the horror approaching them).   

So any suggestions?

rylehNC

For realism you can't beat GURPS Old West.

HANS

The guns in Down Darker Trails have numerous realism and game-mechanical issues. I've written Investigator Weapons 4 to provide more detail for weapons in the 19th century, but alas it is not out yet.

Incidently, GURPS Old West also has a number of problems. I recommend GURPS High-Tech: Adventure Guns, although admittedly I'm the author of that, too ;)

Cheers

HANS

JeffErwin

The guns in Down Darker Trails have numerous realism and game-mechanical issues. I've written Investigator Weapons 4 to provide more detail for weapons in the 19th century, but alas it is not out yet.

Incidently, GURPS Old West also has a number of problems. I recommend GURPS High-Tech: Adventure Guns, although admittedly I'm the author of that, too ;)

Cheers

HANS

Any plans to write on early modern weaponry (15th-18th c.)?

Roguewind

I've never looked at GURPS, how much work would be involved in turning these guns to CoC 7th ed?

rylehNC

Cheers

HANS

Frankly, I was just too lazy to see which GURPS book Hans had wrote covering the subject.

I've never looked at GURPS, how much work would be involved in turning these guns to CoC 7th ed?

GURPS weapons are probably more lethal? I've never compared them side to side but I think the hit points are comparable.

eternalchampion

Hmm,  just a suggestion.. Maybe that hero has a higher than 75% percent on that gun. According to 6.Ed. rules that would mean that he/she can fire the weapon more times (usually one more) per combat round.

Roguewind

Over on the Chaosium board, they've confirmed it was an error.  Each of the guns should have been listed as shooting up to 3 times.

Thanks for all the suggestions.